What is this??

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Krenzy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

OK, so a few months ago my brother-in-law bought a Maxx off Craigslist. I tried to get him onto the JB leak with root, but it aborrs every time. I think its related to this screen, which appears whenever starting his phone. We've done FDR's and this screen still want go away. We've also discovered the previous owner rooted but never disclosed it.
    IMG_20130118_193714_706.jpg
  2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Safestrap is basically a 2nd recovery for your phone. It is used to flash ROMs. Are you still rooted now? Download root checker basic from the play store and check. If you are then most likely apps were removed or that is causing your update to fail. If you aren't rooted, you should have an app in your drawer called safestrap. Open it and uninstall. Then go to settings - apps all and uninstall it there and see if the update still fails. If it does I would use RSD Lite or Matt's utility (if there is one, I think there is depending on what system version you are on) and do a SBF/Fastboot restore your phone to an "out of the box" state. I don't have the links for that handy, hopefully someone can step in and provide that for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  3. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

Yeah its still rooted, but I don't believe he has Safestrap installed.
  4. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

If you see that splash screen its still on there somewhere. If the previous owner rooted, he most likely installed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  5. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

Thanks for the help! Hooefully this will be resolved tomorrow.
  6. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

Well we can't find Safestrap anywhere, not in the app tray or in the All Apps settings menu. Any help?
  7. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Go into app drawer..then open the app Files. The problem is I am not sure what will happen if you just delete the Safestrap folder.
  8. Krenzy

Krenzy New Member

So then what should we do to get this phone back to stock without Safestrap?

Edit: He's running .211, rooted, and is trying to get to JB
  9. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Oh so if you want to go back to stock .211, use this and start with class 1. I was on .215 rooted..rolled back to .211 stock and continued on...you should make sure you have everything like pics (internal and external) and data backed up. Read before you start there are parts that talk about keeping root and erasing everything.

Is this how you updated your phone? If so, this didn't work for the other phone you're trying to update?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...lly-bean-leak-classroom-w-mattyp-friends.html
  10. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

Sorry Krenzy, I hope I am not frustrating you. I looked back and saw you had posted and updated to JB using Foxkats link..you may want to post your question in there..I am sure there are a lot of folks truly more experienced with safestrap than I am.