what is this

Firemedic67

Reaction score
Ok. I unplugged my phone it had 100% and not even 2 hours later i'm at 80% also my data usage went from 3.8GB to 4.5GB and I want even on anything. Anybody know what the top item is in the picture of battery use?

View attachment 50394

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you using a dock? Rild is your problem. Do a simulated battery pull, hold volume down and power at the same time, until the phone shuts off, then release and the phone will power back up.

This is a known issue, and it comes from using a dock from what I've read and heard.

Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

niteperson

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem today! Rild was top battery user by far. I've read that is has to do with the cellular radio, but I have no idea why it would drain the battery. This is the first time I've seen or heard of it.

Also, Maps is the second largest battery drain (above Display and Android OS), and has been this way for over a week. Don't understand why. Maps has been KILLING my battery lately.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So now RILD is associated with maps? Hmmmm, interesting. I use maps all the time and don't ever have this issue. :confused:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
EDIT: its thought that it could possibly be triggered by navigation or maps, but I've read in other places that it could be associated with using a doc. Bit its not.just moto that's having an issue with it apparently. A simulated battery pull does stop it.

Hope this helps??

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Also, don't let the 100% to 80% thing fool you. The phone could have easily been at 91% when you unplugged since it floats between 90% and 100% while left on charge and after the initial charge cycle is completed, but the display will show 100% until it were to hit 90% while on battery power only, so you may have only decreased by 11%, rather than 20%. Still, RILD has gone hogwild. I'd love to know the real secret behind RILD. Let me do some more research.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
Just noticed how my post looks. I was a little drunk. I want to say stopping maps is (as far as I know) not a stop to this issue. It was just an idea to help your map issue.

On another thought if it is linked to a dock then it was activated maybe that is why maps was initiated and using so much battery?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
drivinfocused said:
Just noticed how my post looks. I was a little drunk. .........

So.......were you drivinUNfocused then?
Sorry.....couldn't help it.... :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think its your 4G. Try turning off the LTE on the phone and it should help.

That's an angle I had never considered.... learning again :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

niteperson

Reaction score
Nite have you tried to manually stop maps? See if that helps. If you don't know go to settings applications manage apps find maps and stop it.

There were two Maps services running. I removed some apps that may be using GPS for location, turned off Google location services and did a simulated battery pull. Maps isn't anywhere in my battery stats today, so I'm assuming the issue has been resolved.

As for Rild, I think it was fluke. It was the only time I've ever seen it, and I find it odd that both the OP and I saw it on the same day. Strange.