What is this?...

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by cleave, Oct 27, 2011.

1. cleave

cleave New Member

I'm wondering what the little icon is at the top of my screen. It looks like a cross hairs in a scope. It's directly to the left of my wifi icon. Any ideas? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. Trip3601211

Trip3601211 New Member

Its probably the GPS icon your seeing. Its always there and no way to turn it off from my understanding. Also I think I heard its for the emergency calls. (police, ambulance, fire ect...) but really I dont think the GPS is even working correctly unless your rooted. Yes strange very strange. Most likely would not do any good in any "emergancy" situations. Pointless. Another reason I may be setting this phone down again. Samsung and Verizon have become a joke with updating this out of date software build they have on this supposed "top notch LTE device" pssshh gimme a break, and not of that kit-kat bar...BTW; Happy Halloween Droidforums!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  3. edwards2243

edwards2243 New Member

If it's the GPS icon, which I believe it is, turn the GPS off in menu>settings>location and security>standalone gps. uncheck the standalone, the other two can be checked. you should also have a GPS toggle in your pulldown menu.
  4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

This doesn't remove the icon the OP is talking about. As Trip said, the crosshair icon is apparently an indicator that the GPS will work for emergency calls. There's no way to deactivate GPS for emergency calls, and for some odd reason, Samsung decided to add an icon for it. The icon only changes when standalone GPS is turned on and is actively being used.

The GPS on my non-rooted device works fine. It takes a few seconds longer than some of my previous phones to get a lock, but I haven't had any problems with it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. penley21

penley21 New Member

To funny..Glad I looked hear first..my icon just came on yesterday..I have had my phone for a year and it has never been there..could not figure out what it was. I haven't change those settings since I got my phone..very strange that it would just start to appear...:)
Search tags for this page

blinking bullseye droid

bullseye icon on android

bullseye symbol on droid

flashing bullseye on droid

what does the bullseye on my phone mean

what does the bullseye symbol on my droid mean
what is the bullseye icon android
what is the bullseye on my phone

what is the bullseye symbol on my droid

what is the flashing bullseye on my droid

what is the flashing target on my droid