What is this icon?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sure, but then Google introduced the standard & they refused to comply.

I'm not even sure what Google's standard is since I haven't used Priority lol.

Do not disturb is used daily on my phone and it works very well. It only lacks one feature that I would love to see implemented and that would be Groups.

Right now I have to add someone to my Favorites category in my contacts list for them to be able to bypass Do Not Disturb. I'm not wanting to add people to that list. I would like multiple, customizable lists.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm not even sure what Google's standard is since I haven't used Priority lol.

Do not disturb is used daily on my phone and it works very well. It only lacks one feature that I would love to see implemented and that would be Groups.

Right now I have to add someone to my Favorites category in my contacts list for them to be able to bypass Do Not Disturb. I'm not wanting to add people to that list. I would like multiple, customizable lists.
Yeah, I just have my Note 4 set to allow anyone in my contacts list. I don't get a lot of calls anyway, so chances are it'd be an emergency if someone calls late. Or it's work thinking they're having a network emergency. Haha!

I was kind of upset when I first got the Note 4 that Blocking Mode no longer disabled the notification light, but I've adapted and just put it face down. Took a while for me to get used to silencing the alarm in the morning.

Back to the topic at hand, I believe Priority Mode works quite similarly to Blocking Mode. That's why there was a bit of a stink when the S5 (I think) got the Lollipop update. Either that or there was an issue with using the volume rocker to silence the phone and that putting it in NONE mode, so no alarms worked. Something...