What is this Ghost Icon

PennyCandee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
I have a Galaxy S7 Active.

ghost notification.png
Yesterday I received a notification on my phone that I did not recognize - a blue circle with a ghost inside of it and next to it the statement "Click me!! Click me!!"

It seemed concerning and a person I trusted to know these things clicked it and it took him to a game center.

Today I have the same icon with a different message. I don't want to click it as I do not know the source of these notifications.

Can anyone help?
VWnL3DzGMqKdiW1Q6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome to the forum!

Can you find the game center that tapping on the notification took your friend to in the app drawer?

Or in settings>apps? See if you can find it there & uninstall or disable it.

Sent from my Moto Z

jplemt

Reaction score
If you press and hold the notification a little information bubble will pop on the notification and it can take you to the app info to uninstall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
P

PennyCandee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
Welcome to the forum!

Can you find the game center that tapping on the notification took your friend to in the app drawer?

Or in settings>apps? See if you can find it there & uninstall or disable it.

Sent from my Moto Z

I tried that... There is no "Game Center" ... I even checked system apps. I took the risk and clicked on it and the new notification took me to "Game Center" again... it looks like a store for game apps....

OP
P

PennyCandee

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
If you press and hold the notification a little information bubble will pop on the notification and it can take you to the app info to uninstall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Since it is not longer showing - because I took a risk and clicked on it and cleared it - I will have to wait to see if it happens again and try it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Then my next guess would be a shopping app or deal or coupon app wanting you to open it and look at upcoming Halloween deals.

Samsung Note 7.5

drfredtx

Reaction score
IMG_0985.JPG
I have a floating icon that appeared but clicking on it does nothing, I can't move it to the trash or anything, anybody else have this problem? I am using an S7 edge.

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
If I recall that is something to do with one of the options in the dev settings... I just don't recall which

Samsung Note 7.5

Jocheat

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Htc m8
Twitter
Jocheat
I have a Galaxy S7 Active.

View attachment 77016 Yesterday I received a notification on my phone that I did not recognize - a blue circle with a ghost inside of it and next to it the statement "Click me!! Click me!!"

It seemed concerning and a person I trusted to know these things clicked it and it took him to a game center.

Today I have the same icon with a different message. I don't want to click it as I do not know the source of these notifications.

Can anyone help?
VWnL3DzGMqKdiW1Q6
It's four the Go keyboard. turn off notifications under apps . the go keyboard is aka emoji keyboard