what is the #?

renmciver

Reaction score
I have to have my phone off for work. But when I turn it on I'll have a voicemail. Why doesn't the # show in missed calls? And how can I get that feature?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I have to have my phone off for work. But when I turn it on I'll have a voicemail. Why doesn't the # show in missed calls? And how can I get that feature?

The number won't show because the call never actually got to your phone because it was off. It'll go straight to voicemail. In order for it to show up in your missed calls, the phone needs to be on.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
R

renmciver

Reaction score
In the days before "smart" phones, the # used to show. What gives... Do I blame "new improved" technology?

TWC42

Reaction score
If you turned your phone to "silent", it is still turned "on", and you would see missed calls. If you turned your phone off, it is off, it is dead, it is not communicating with the towers. so you would not see a missed call.

hoboX10

Reaction score
That actually is kind of ridiculous and I didn't know that. If you have a voicemail, how are you supposed to call back if it doesn't give you the number. I know you can do the old "leave your name and number blah blah blah" thing, but seriously, why can't the phone just store the number with the voicemail?

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
That actually is kind of ridiculous and I didn't know that. If you have a voicemail, how are you supposed to call back if it doesn't give you the number. I know you can do the old "leave your name and number blah blah blah" thing, but seriously, why can't the phone just store the number with the voicemail?

There's an option within voicemail that gives you "envelope information" pertaining to a certain message, so if it should give you the number of the person that left the voicemail.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

Last edited:

VidJunky

Reaction score
Other options for VM are to sign up for a Google Voice account. I don't know if they are still making people wait for that or if you can just sign up now? Anyway, GV will replace you VM with your provider. It has an app as well but operates with or without it. Some of the things I like about it are; transcript, often funny stuff because it miss translates the spoken words, it's like auto correct for VM. All the contact options, email, app, other number, you will get the message. With the app it shows profile pics for callers, stores messages until you delete them, and let's you easily play them back anytime, even from a pc.