What is the stock ROM for Global?

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
sbf_flash should work on MacOS X. It works for everyone else.

You cannot flash an SBF without a computer.

It might be because Im working with my work computer. It is very picky about the stuff that goes on and off my computer. I clicked your link and it asked if I wanted to download. I said yes, and then it asked how I wanted to open it, the only way I was able to open it was with Text Edit and then it came up with the normal crazy everything on their.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You should save it as a file on your disk, not open it. For example, save it in your home directory (~), and then open a terminal window (or file properties) and type “chmod 755 sbf_flash” (or, in the properties, make sure the file is marked executable for you, the group you belong to, and everyone else).

Then just plug the phone into USB, and type “./sbf_flash DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf” (for example); in MacOS X your standard shell should support filename completion so it should be possible to type “./sbf_flash DR”, press the TAB key, and the file name will be autocompleted to DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf.

(Of course, you need to hit the ENTER key once you complete entering a command with its arguments.)

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
You should save it as a file on your disk, not open it. For example, save it in your home directory (~), and then open a terminal window (or file properties) and type “chmod 755 sbf_flash” (or, in the properties, make sure the file is marked executable for you, the group you belong to, and everyone else).

Then just plug the phone into USB, and type “./sbf_flash DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf” (for example); in MacOS X your standard shell should support filename completion so it should be possible to type “./sbf_flash DR”, press the TAB key, and the file name will be autocompleted to DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf.

(Of course, you need to hit the ENTER key once you complete entering a command with its arguments.)

Ok, so I have it saved on a sandisk cruzer. Now I am lost, Im not sure what a terminal window is and where I need to type the "chmod..." at. I have not a clue really, I do have a usb cord and I do know how to plug that in. LOL, but as for typing things in, I am very very lost.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Copy the file (sbf_flash) and the SBF file to your home folder (I don't think it'll be easy to explain to you how to change directories in the Terminal).

Go to Utilities → Terminal (in your Applications).

You'll see a window appear, with text that goes somewhat like
Code:
Welcome to Darwin!
[localhost ~] joseyjos%
Where joseyjos is your user name.

That's where you type the commands I listed above, like this:

Code:
Welcome to Darwin!
[localhost ~] joseyjos% chmod 755 sbf_flash
[localhost ~] joseyjos% ./sbf_flash DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf

chmod shouldn't output anything on successful completion.

sbf_flash, however, spams out a lot of debug information.

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
Copy the file (sbf_flash) and the SBF file to your home folder (I don't think it'll be easy to explain to you how to change directories in the Terminal).

Go to Utilities → Terminal (in your Applications).

You'll see a window appear, with text that goes somewhat like
Code:
Welcome to Darwin!
[localhost ~] joseyjos%
Where joseyjos is your user name.

That's where you type the commands I listed above, like this:

Code:
Welcome to Darwin!
[localhost ~] joseyjos% chmod 755 sbf_flash
[localhost ~] joseyjos% ./sbf_flash DROID2WE_X6_2.4.29_FULL.sbf

chmod shouldn't output anything on successful completion.

sbf_flash, however, spams out a lot of debug information.

Seems easy enough when you say that. But I ran into a problem, "I dont have access to the terminal". Admin needs a password. Screw it, is there another ROM out there that will work for just normal stuff. Ive heard that Cyanogenmod works well. But I have also heard about this Gingerbread. Kinda getting lost on all that talk. I just want something that is smooth and wont have many problems for me.

My phone version is: Version.2.4.330.a956.
Model Number: Droid2 Global
Android Version: 2.2