What is the stock ROM for Global?

joseyjos

Reaction score
Hello,

The other day I rooted and I think it was messing up some of my apps and I just wanted to basically start all over. So I was wondering if anyone knew how to get my phone back to the state it was in right out of the box, or do I need to just go and flash another ROM and start from scratch with that. Thanks.

Jw

silver6054

Reaction score
Hello,

The other day I rooted and I think it was messing up some of my apps and I just wanted to basically start all over. So I was wondering if anyone knew how to get my phone back to the state it was in right out of the box, or do I need to just go and flash another ROM and start from scratch with that. Thanks.

Jw

You will need to SBF your phone back to stock (either .330 or earlier).
You will need an SBF file, RSDLite 4.9 up and the moto drivers. Good instructions are at SBF - The DROID Wiki

If you then want to update to the Gingerbread (.607) you can look at: Gingerbread leak - D2G Updated to 4.5.607!

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
Thanks Silver,

Can you explain what exactly it means to SBF my phone, and what exactly is Gingerbreak and what does it do?

EDIT: Sorry, just looked at the Wiki Link. System Boot File. Got it!!

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
So I have read up a little bit on this stuff just now. I am still really confused. Do I need to download these things to my phone, or hook my phone up to a computer. I guess I need some serious baby steps in doing this because I am not understanding at all. One page says hook it up to a computer and another says flash it from your phone. I just need a fool proof way to get it back up and running I guess.

silver6054

Reaction score
So I have read up a little bit on this stuff just now. I am still really confused. Do I need to download these things to my phone, or hook my phone up to a computer. I guess I need some serious baby steps in doing this because I am not understanding at all. One page says hook it up to a computer and another says flash it from your phone. I just need a fool proof way to get it back up and running I guess.

The SBF file, RSDLite and the moto drivers all need to be downloaded to the computer. You then start RSDlite, connect your phone via USB, and that will flash your phone.

Benton

Reaction score
To the OP: When I first started doing an SBF change I too was a bit apprehensive. I did a search on Youtube for SBF and was able to watch the process on video, this helped my confidence and once I got started it became "old hat".

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
Silver, Benton,

Thank you both! I am going to try and get these things up and going and I will post again before Saturday. Please just check back and make sure I'm all good. I wont be able to do this for several hours, but I will try and get it done tonight. Thanks again!

Another thing, when I try and get rdslite it always ends up saying "file not found" is there a specific spot I could dl it at? Either one of you know?

Last edited:

Benton

Reaction score
I Google'd RSDlite and it took me to where to download the latest versions, quite a few sources available. Keep us posted, we are all on this forum to help and learn from each other which in your case we get both so thanks to you!

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
Will rsd 4.5 work for me? I dont see a 4.9 anywhere.

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
I can not seem to find a 4.9 download for a mac that is free. I dont know if I need to use a torrent or if there is one out there I can just grab off the net?

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
I can not seem to find a 4.9 download for a mac that is free.  I dont know if I need to use a torrent or if there is one out there I can just grab off the net?

OP
J

joseyjos

Reaction score
Ok, well none of this is working for my mac. Is there a way I can do it with just using my phone? Maybe using some apps. I have rom manager (premium) but see no roms when I look for them in the "Download ROM" section. All I get is the free crap.