What is the proper way of syncing Gmail email?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by luvtype, Jan 26, 2010.

1. luvtype

luvtype New Member

The messages I send from my Droid often do not appear on my computer. I need to keep track of them there. What's the best way to ensure that everything gets synced (I have a desktop, laptop, and my Droid).

Thanks!
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Hello, it's me again.

In your gmail is a folder called "All Mail." Everything you send from your gmail regardless of from Droid or computer is in there.
  3. luvtype

luvtype New Member

Thanks, and i'm aware of that. But I don't want to have to go in there to look for my messages, I want messages to sync automatically to their proper folders (Inbox, Sent, etc.). How to do this is my question.
    Anyone?
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, it should go into the sent box, no matter how send it as well. In fact that should have been my answer but I use the all mail probably cause I clear things out of there as well.

So if you send anything by gmail it should be in your sent folder. If you don't delete it it will remain in your in box. It's all really pretty basic and self contained.

Edit: I saw your post about the calendar, you will need to sync Google Mail the same way. You probably realized that when you got there.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  5. luvtype

luvtype New Member

Thanks, yes, my sent message is there. I guess what I'd like to see, when I reply to a message on the Droid, is that blue arrow appearing next to the message on my desktop. This way I know it's been answered without having to go into my Sent box. But that's not happening.
  6. Gorin

Gorin New Member

Wait, are you browsing google via your web browser or a mail client? (outlook, thunderbird, etc)
  7. JamesX

JamesX New Member

Just setup your GMail as a IMAP instead of Pop3.