What is the origin of your forum name?

herrbifi

Reaction score
When stationed in Germany in '93 my best friend and I were taking his girlfriend to the train to leave. While sitting at the tracks he saw a sign for Bifi sausages, like little smokies in the states, and asked her what Bifi meant. I piped in and said that's what the ladies call me she started laughing and called me "Herr Bifi" meaning Mr. Bifi so the name stuck and they all started calling me that.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I grew up in a very small town (love that way a life) as I still live in a small town & 13 is my lucky number...

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Taken along with my avatar you can guess where I got mine from. That's what I drive, a Dodge Ram with custom dual exhaust. I've been known to set off a few car alarms. I use this name on every forum I belong to, and there are quite a few. If you see LoudRam on another forum say "Hi". There's a good chance that it's me.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I was in the Navy working for the National Security Agency. Back in 1986 a few of us were sitting around and came up with nicknames and this is what I chose. Been using it ever since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hey, another squid. Ex-Navy here too. (IC2 '88-'94). My Uncle retired as a CTM1 in the mid '80's. Never wanted to make chief because he said he'd end up getting stuck on a ship. 20 years and he never saw one. Must have been nice. Me...haze grey and underway for my 6 years in.

skeetch79

Reaction score
My name is Brett and my Aunt used to call me Brett-skee when I was young. After a while I was just called 'skee' and somehow 'skeetch' came from that and it stuck.

I am an Organic Chemist that loves coffee - so naturally my avatar is the chemical structure for Caffeine. :happy3:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
DevilDog - is a term a lot of marines use in certain areas and MP is my MOS of choice.

When stationed in Germany in '93 my best friend and I were taking his girlfriend to the train to leave. While sitting at the tracks he saw a sign for Bifi sausages, like little smokies in the states, and asked her what Bifi meant. I piped in and said that's what the ladies call me she started laughing and called me "Herr Bifi" meaning Mr. Bifi so the name stuck and they all started calling me that.

Hey, another squid. Ex-Navy here too. (IC2 '88-'94). My Uncle retired as a CTM1 in the mid '80's. Never wanted to make chief because he said he'd end up getting stuck on a ship. 20 years and he never saw one. Must have been nice. Me...haze grey and underway for my 6 years in.

I was in the Navy working for the National Security Agency. Back in 1986 a few of us were sitting around and came up with nicknames and this is what I chose. Been using it ever since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for your service!

Mine comes from liking to mountain bike and my name is Mark

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Reaction score

Good to meet you, shipmate. I was a CTI1, '85-'95. I was Direct Support, meaning I was sent out wherever they needed me. Spent time on submarines and surface ships, as well as one helo mission. Fun times. I wish I would have gone out to sea more often but most times I was underwater and didn't get to see much anyway.

Reaction score
My name is Brett and my Aunt used to call me Brett-skee when I was young. After a while I was just called 'skee' and somehow 'skeetch' came from that and it stuck.

I am an Organic Chemist that loves coffee - so naturally my avatar is the chemical structure for Caffeine. :happy3:

I'm stealing your avatar.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I love the topic. Lot's of fun getting to know everyone'e origins. Mine is fairly simple. Forever, because I tend to get teased for being a goof, I've always said 'tis me"... it's the way I am and you either gotta get used to it because I'm not going to do much changing. Most of my screen names have something to do with the "tis me" idea. I was one of the first ones I know to get the original droid, so whenever anyone wanted to see my phone, I would proudly say "Tis My Droid"

Rahloc

Reaction score
what was that DnDish game that was a starship crew? i used to play that a LOT in the 80s, from the original DnD guys I think

That might have been the barrier peaks pack, it took place on a crashed starship but it also could have been metamorphosis alpha, both were spawns of ADnD v1, I actually have the books to both on my shelves. One day I hope to introduce my kids to them, but in this new fanged age of technology, I am sure the graph paper will be lost on them.

While I love technology, I think if that part is removed it will take away from the game in a sense.