What is the origin of your forum name?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Figured this would fit in very well in this subforum, but very simple question. What is the origin of your forum username? How did you come up with it?

I'll start.

My name is Dave, so it's simply my name plus my old zip code. Now, it would more appropriately be "Dave12303", but I can't bring myself to change it. I have been known as "Dave12308" since I joined the Android community back in November 2009 so to this day, it shall remain "Dave12308".

So, now let's hear everyone else's story. I started a thread like this over at MyDroidWorld awhile back, and it sort of took off. Let's see how it does here.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The origin of syndicate is Google Syndication. I created my first gmail account when I was 17 (you can probably guess the email address now :) ) Thus, syndicate0017.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Mine is easy, it's my initials. Quickest thing I could come up with. So I've kept it through the forums.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

jayrod

Reaction score
Since we are sharing....

jayrod...first 3 initials of my first and last name...ingeniously inconceivable!

Avatar is an old picture I found and tweaked in PS of Anubis. I'm kinda into world beliefs/myths/Gods. Have a tat of Anubis standing on some steps halfway between realms with a bloddy heart in one hand and a spear in the other.

*Gotta love copy/paste!

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
about 4 years ago some friends of mine and I got obsessed with developing performance parts and ECU flashes for hyosung, a korean motorcycle brand that's sort of an offshoot of suzuki. ALTernative brand SPEED. I had the domain altspeed.com and blogged on it, posted links to new flashes, sold the few hard parts that we manufactured (billet rearsets, instrument brackets, a few custom parts for vintage british cafe racers, etc)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Middle name plus last initial.

Pretty straightforward.

Reaction score
I was in the Navy working for the National Security Agency. Back in 1986 a few of us were sitting around and came up with nicknames and this is what I chose. Been using it ever since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Mine is easy, it's my initials. Quickest thing I could come up with. So I've kept it through the forums.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Same

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
btw, my old nicks, that a few people may know from IRC in the 90s and slashdot are penguin_boy and teknokrat, I'm still teknokrat on slashdot but I've hardly posted since the penguin_boy account got lost in a server move and I lost all my "karma"

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Name and year i was born :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2