What is the difference between all these roms..?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by neemo6, Feb 13, 2010.

1. neemo6

neemo6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes, bugless beauty and beast, now we got simply stunning. Can someone explain what the difference is between all these roms, and why one would choose one over the other.

2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I chose BB because it honestly has less bugs than Sholes (for me, that's a personal observation, not something that everyone seems to experience). Honestly though, they aren't all that different in terms of looks and whatnot.

3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, Sholes and the 2 Bugless ROMs, as well as AdamZ's ROM, are pretty closely related...they both have the smoked glass theme but Sholes has the option to not include the smoked glass theme...other than that, they basically are very similar...just comes down to personal preference. Oh...and they are Android 2.0.1

The new Simply Stunning ROM is Android 2.1 and is the most complete and stable 2.1 ROM there is so far IMO....It comes with a smoked glass theme also but includes the launcher2 and performs nicely to me so far...

4. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really wish you would stop spreading false rumors about sholes..... just because you had issues doesn't mean "Honestly has more bugs then others"

5. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There have been three people that have switched from Sholes to BB just in the last couple of days for this reason, not including me. They had bugs out the ass with Sholes or it couldn't handle 1GHz, they switch to BB and presto, no issues.

And I also said "for me" I didn't say "for sure".

I should also mention that the OP is the fourth person to complain about Sholes that I've seen recently.

6. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is true that it SEEMS that people are getting more issues from the Sholes ROM and the app...including me and NOT including me....

But i believe that it is still a great ROM and deserves support....the issues will be worked out, I know they will

7. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Each phone will for sure function differently when overclocked.

And I don't see him complaining here about any ROM.

Most of the issues you see on this site with both unrooted phones and also rooted phones are all USER ERROR..... or an APPLICATION ERROR... that is causing the issues.

One thing that most people FAIL to understand is that when a new kernal and or ROM comes out..... odds are that all of the applications from the market they are running were built around and tested with older versions. Hell there are people here complaining about something designed for 1.5 that's not running on 2.0 and they wonder why. lol

All I'm saying is when you start hacking a phone or operation system, there is so much room for error it's not funny.... just because a very small majority have an issue installing an os doesn't mean it's fault of the ROM or os.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  8. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with most of what you said (especially the italicized part), I'm just saying that recently more people are having problems with Sholes as opposed to BB. But to answer your bolded comment:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/22798-do-i-need-aftermarket-rom.html

9. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My first guess why would be due to more people using sholes so therefore you see more people having issues maybe. It has been pretty popular as of late with the SMupdater on the market making it so easy.

10. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Which is why I think the SMU is a mistake. I definitely think Sholes team should get their donations...but it makes it so easy for every Tom Dick and Harry with no clue about the rooting process to root their Droid...and when the slightest thing goes wrong, they have no clue what to do. Not saying that's what happened to the OP, just saying in general.

11. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it does force people to learn the hard way if they have issues lmao so I'm all for people learning about it. I do agree as it does make it a little too easy for a noob to screw things up.... hence the very subject we are debating.

12. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    That being said, however, I definitely know how to root and install mods, and I had all kinds of problems with sholes. I caveat that every time though by saying specifically that sholes probably did not like some of my apps or whatnot.

Either way I never have a problem on BB. So between my personal experience and what we just got done discussing , I prefer to direct people to BB. Just a personal preference though, which is why I said it the way I did.

13. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So to be fair here.... I have only ran sholes.... but I will try the other one now so I have a fair comparison.

14. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, that's what I did with Sholes from BB. Just to try it out. Would have kept it but I had so many problems.

15. natediddy1120

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a HUGE BB fan and didn't think I would like anything as much honestly....

But Matth3w, you gotta try Simply Stunning.....I LOVE BB but I REALLY like this one too...seriously, I've tried almost all the 2.1 ROMs just to experiment, and that's why I tried Simply Stunning, but I'm not removing til I see some REAL problems...seriously, it's great IMO

You need to just give it a try its pretty nice!! :)

Search tags for this page

sholemod android samsung