What is the deal with the Music Player on the Droid?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nateccnn, Jun 25, 2010.

1. dwagner88

dwagner88 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used that feature today for the first time (I normally just use Pandora for random music). It really sucks. It tried to play 5 songs in a row from the same album. I have nearly 700 songs on the phone.

2. etx_droid

etx_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use MixZing and I really don't have this issue. I've tried a lot of players but have been using MixZing for a good while now...I think it's functionally the best player on Android.

3. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I organize my music in folders and Mort Player is the best for playing folders , and for albums I'm using MixZing , IMO way better than the iPhone interface .

4. surfbuckeyesbc

Ratings:
    +0
    it is a bit more than JUST A PHONE, however, what he is talking about is very basic music playback features. Being able to adjust the bass, treble and midrange of any playback device is key to getting the most out of listening to your music. This is an important feature that is missing from Droid, and a basic one at that.

PS. A great alternative to the default app is BTunes if you are into the iTunes look. Paid app, but hey, i thought it was worth it. Has a widget too.

5. superglen99

superglen99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO the 3/cubed music app is way cooler than the ipod/phone interface. However you can get btunes from the market and its almost identical to the ipod interface.

6. eliassami5

eliassami5 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i agree 100% with the OP, and yes one thing i dont like is the shuffle feature. Windows media player has the best shuffle feature of all time i think, Google needs to develop a better algorithm for shuffling music.

7. nooter99

nooter99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone plays music??? Yeah right! I aint falling for it. Next, you jokesters will be trying to tell me you can make phone calls even though there are no wires coming out of the thing!! You can fool some of the people most of the time....

Sent WITHOUT using Tapatalk

8. debdroid1a

debdroid1a Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Apple DOES NOT own the MP3 market. They have a music market but they don't own it. I don't think every music player should be like an iPod. Never owned one. I own a SanDisk Fuze MP3 player and got all my music elsewhere. Never used iTunes.
    So I can't compare iTunes to the stock music player. I do know that even my inexpensive SanDisk Fuze had more options (and SanDisk added free updates every now and then).

I also give them credit for the MP3s.

You have to use Shuffle All not Party Shuffle. Found this out in another discussion.

I do liked that my Playlists I had made in MediaMonkey came over. I did have to create a foldr for Playlists which I didn't have, but they went to the playlist section with my other playlists I created on my Droid.

9. daddyb

daddyb New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is it so hard to just sort by Artist, and listen to ALL the songs by that artist, whether it's on the same album or not. With music player (and with doubletwist) you sort by artist, and it just gives you a list of that artist's albums that you have on your phone. Then you have to go into one particular album and play those songs. What if I want to hear (as an example) everything by Billy Joel regardless of which album it's on? Is there an app that can do a simple organize by artist and play all the songs on your phone that are tagged by that artist? It would seem like a no brainer to me, since every mp3 player (and even my blackberry previous to my DX) could do it!

Search tags for this page

android music player won't shuffle

droid razr m music player sucks

how do i turn off the shuffle feature in my galaxy s4 music

how do you shuffle music on galaxy s4#gsc.tab
shuffle on android music player sucks
songs on droid m won't advance to next song