what is the deal with Sportstap? Starts a whole bunch of other apps when it starts up

jasonb

Reaction score
i tried Sportstap yesterday and noticed that every time the application starts up it also starts up a whole bunch of other apps that weren't previously running. i tried it on my Inc and on my Droid, same results, starts up a list of other apps along with it.

why in the world would it do this? ultimately it's not acceptable, so i immediately uninstalled it.

Murz

Reaction score
Just checked mine. The only other things I see being opened with SportsTap are the "FavTeamsService", "GameService" and "ScheduleWidgetService" all of wich are needed.

issues636

Reaction score
i used SportsTap for a week. and personally did not like it at all. i have yet to find a decent sports scores app on the droid. the best i've found in my opinion would be Google Scoreboard (yet unless you manually start it yourself everyday, it won't load the days games/scores and you won't get your notificiations). so i personally just moved on to ESPN text alerts + espn mobile web. they're free, and do exactly what i want from a sports app.