What is the cause of my battery drain?

destrukt

Reaction score
I have a moto droid running BB 0.4 with the JDLFG 1ghz kernal...and I am experiancing a massive drain on my batt. I can charge the phone to 100% before I go to bed and when I wake up its at 40%. I am running setcpu with my " screen off" profile set to 300/300. I have looked at other programs running in the backround and there is nothing new that would cause this. Any ideas?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Skull One

Reaction score
I have a moto droid running BB 0.4 with the JDLFG 1ghz kernal...and I am experiancing a massive drain on my batt. I can charge the phone to 100% before I go to bed and when I wake up its at 40%. I am running setcpu with my " screen off" profile set to 300/300. I have looked at other programs running in the backround and there is nothing new that would cause this. Any ideas?

After you charge the phone next time, delete

/data/system/batterystats.bin

Then let the phone sit over night. If that doesn't change anything then buy "System Panel" from the Market and put it into monitor mode so you can see what is actually using the battery over time.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
If that doesn't change anything then buy "System Panel" from the Market and put it into monitor mode so you can see what is actually using the battery over time.

I was wondering if an app like that existed. Something that tells me which "app" may be using the battery over time. Thanks for this tip.

OP
D

destrukt

Reaction score
Is data/system/batterystats.bin on my SD card? I can't find it in astro.

Skull One

Reaction score
Is data/system/batterystats.bin on my SD card? I can't find it in astro.

Astro can't get to /data unless you run some kind of "God Mode" script.

You can either buy Root Explorer or delete it thru Terminal.

If you go the terminal route:

Launch Termnial.
su
cd /data/system
rm batterystats.bin
exit
exit
Then hit the home button.

Thru Root Explorer just select data then system then scroll down and long press on batterystats.bin and select Delete.

OP
D

destrukt

Reaction score
I deleted the file and i am still experiancing the same drain. I installed system panel but I can't figure out how to actually record the batt load. I see where it has an option to review cpu, mem, batt load, ect....but cannot actually record the data....its all blank.

OP
D

destrukt

Reaction score
Nevermind....I figured out how to moniter...I will reply tomarrow with my findings

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I also had severe battery drain with my last rom. leaving it on standby overnight it would drain from 60% to 20% by next morning. I forget what i was running since i flashed it with like 3-4 roms in one week, might've been SimplyStunning? I loved the rom but it was just draining my battery for some reason

I just flashed it with CyanogenMod yesterday and had it charged to 100% around 12:30pm today. It's now 10:15pm here and i'm at 90%. I love this new rom.

OP
D

destrukt

Reaction score
Wow...I feel like a newb. Ok so I looked at my profiles on set cpu..and I wasn't allowing my speed to run below 600mhz...so I switched it up to 300/300 (screen off) and monitered lastnight and saw a 10% batt drop. Thank you guys for the help.

Your retarded buddy,
DESTRUKT.

Skull One

Reaction score
That makes complete sense on the battery drain. Glad you found the issue.

Last edited: