What is the biggest video file you can send on droid?

qwerty04

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is the biggest video file size you can send on the droid? 9,482,563 bytes won't send

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it just so happens to be 9,482,562 bytes. sry

lol but for real idk. just thought id add some humor. and what are you trying to send it with? MMS i presume? just use email/hoccer/bluetooth filetransfer if u want a bigger transfer max.

OP
Q

qwerty04

Reaction score
i tried to email it using gmail and the email app on the phone and it said it was too large.

gregbridwell

Reaction score
Okay, I can't help my self: "That's what she said!"

Now that that is out of the way, this weekend I attached a 12mb video using oi file manager instead of using the gallery and it sent okay. It took a long time so now if I'm on the go and want to send a file that size I compose the message, attach the attachment and everything and then save it as a draft. Then I wait until I have a wifi connection to send it. Not necessary to do this though. I did send the first time over 3G.

kpmedia

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the connection speed (dropped signal) and the email account (max file size) that acts as the primary limiter here, and not the phone? I'd think so.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be the connection speed (dropped signal) and the email account (max file size) that acts as the primary limiter here, and not the phone? I'd think so.

who said anything about it being the phone?