what is the big deal over froyo and 10.1?

airtas

Reaction score
I thought the phone did flash already so what is the purpose of 10.1?

Also on locations what does VZW location and Google services do?

Dream

Reaction score
The phone came with a beta version of Flash Lite, so it only displayed some flash sites, but not heavy flash sites.

I love it that I can view ufc.com in its fullest now :)

kmo

Reaction score
Just curious, if these points aren't important to you why have a device like this?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Just curious, if these points aren't important to you why have a device like this?

To be fair, there are a lot of other features that attracted me to Froyo and the Incredible well beyond Flash. That point was so low on my list it didn't even factor into the decision. It was a nice addition, but not a dealbreaker.

kmo

Reaction score
Froyo after all the hype is a pretty subtle update IMO. I agree there are features that came with 2.2 that not everyone needs or will use. The update did add some very cool additions that make an already great device more capable of doing even more tasks.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Froyo after all the hype is a pretty subtle update IMO. I agree there are features that came with 2.2 that not everyone needs or will use. The update did add some very cool additions that make an already great device more capable of doing even more tasks.

Most definitely. What's funny is I am using the devil out of the Flashlight, of all things. The one thing I am absolutely loving is full Bluetooth voice dialing. That is a very welcome addition.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most definitely. What's funny is I am using the devil out of the Flashlight, of all things. The one thing I am absolutely loving is full Bluetooth voice dialing. That is a very welcome addition.

hmmm…I could have sworn that the X came with B.T. Voice dial. Did the Incredible? One of them did.

So many Droids, I can't keep up with them all :D

kmo

Reaction score
Agreed, I really missed the bluetooth dialing....nice to finally get it. Can't believe a high end smartphone didn't come with it in the first place.

OP
A

airtas

Reaction score
so pretty much the only flash the phone did before was youtube?

I never said they weren't important to me

Location services looks a lot different in 2.2 can anyone explain differences?