What is the best screen protector?

bsheurs

Reaction score
just purchased the Steinheil Crystal. i would have also bought the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint but they were out of stock.

Arachnyd

Reaction score
I just installed my Steinheil Crystal like 5 minutes ago, and so far I am extremely impressed. I went through an entire pack of the crappy Verizon ones without getting one to look remotely acceptable. I got the Steinheil on first try and it looks and feels fantastic. It is literally invisible, I can't even tell that its on.

One trick I used that I picked up from these boards was to apply the protector in the bathroom after letting the hot shower run for a few minutes. The idea is to increase the humidity a great deal to knock all of the floating dust out of the air so it doesn't get caught under the protector and ruin the application. Seemed to work well, as I had none of the problems with dust I encountered trying to apply the Verizon ones in a normal room.

styleznma

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Verizon 3 pack ones and simply hate it. I failed on my first two attempts and screwed up on my 3rd one as well (air bubbles) but I have it on because it's my last one.

I would like to know what is the best screen protector for the Motorola Droid?

I was leaning towards the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD but I heard some bad reviews on it.

Thanks.

The best screen protector is NONE, you don't need one as was explained previously and exampled in a youtube video (search for screen scratch test).

My wife has Zagg InvisibleSHIELD and i have to say ITS HORRIBLE, i absoultly hate the feel of it, the touch is sticky, you can't slide your finger with ease on it.

I would go with none.

styleznma

Reaction score
Zagg installed at best buy. Don't even know its there...

Why is it when I installed it, there is a rainbow tint when held at certain angles? The texture is annoying, wouldn't recommend at all.

styleznma

Reaction score
Heres the video I saw before, [video=youtube;eh2g7AIHdc8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8&NR=1[/video]

after seeing this I was more comfortable to not put a screen protector on.

However I will admit I really wanted one on when I first got it, I failed 6 times with the verizon ones they sell, could not get it on with out bubble(s).

after having the phone since November, its really not needed.

firefalldown

Reaction score
Hori is the best

Try the hori screen protector, i originally put on a zagg but coudn't stand the look on it. Its originally made for the psp but fits my droid perfectly(stops right below the headphone part.

Link

Keep in mind though I had two available and one fit while the other didn't, but others just don't compare in turns of quality, i'll get a pic of my droid with it on when i can

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the Seidio screen protectors from Seidio.com and they're great. I bought 2 just in case, but the first one went on perfect and you can't even tell it's on.

As to the people saying you don't need a screen protector, you're completely wrong, there are numerous people saying that their screens are already scratched. Sand is the leading cause of scratches on glass.

Gorilla glass is not scratch proof, it's scratch resistant and the key test is thrown out because they're made of brass and they won't scratch glass. The silver keys you see are only silver in color because they're plated with nickle and that won't scratch glass either.

Jjwilliams

Reaction score
I have had my Moto Droid since the middle of November, I bought the vzw 3 pack and couldn't get them on right so I just left it alone. So far no scratches on the glass, and I have dropped it on the sidewalk, floor and the only thing is the black metal around the glass is scratched.

MK17

Reaction score
Heres the video I saw before, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh2g7AIHdc8&NR=1

after seeing this I was more comfortable to not put a screen protector on.

However I will admit I really wanted one on when I first got it, I failed 6 times with the verizon ones they sell, could not get it on with out bubble(s).

after having the phone since November, its really not needed.

That's a cool video and all, but I'm about to put a screen protector on mine and while cleaning I noticed one small ding and a small scratch. Something I wouldn't notice without looking, but small scratches invite big scratches and I've had the phone for about a month and a half. I'll take my insurance using a screen protector.

cuskit

Reaction score
I think if I worked primarily in an office environment, I would probably never use any screen protection. But I work in a wood shop, Forget worrying about scratches. I use many chemicals - lacquers, paints, solvents, glues and lubricants. Probably just about any moment of the day I've got something or other on my fingers. I purchased a 3-pack of the stock VZW with my Droid back in Nov. The store tech installed it as he was bragging about how good he was at doing so. Yea, right. 4 huge bubbles. He tried to tell me that's normal, no hassle. I wasn't buying that so I told him I would not accept it. So he told me I could put the second one on. Oh yea? I paid for 3 - I asked for a new 3-pak as he wrecked the first one. After verbally thrashing around back and forth, he finally gave me a new 3 pak - I took them home and installed the first one myself. Two very small bubbles. Okay - no problem. Flash forward to today and that same protector is still on, looking just like the day I installed it, only the 2 bubbles have worked themselves off the screen.

I've had paint, lacquer, wood oil stains, grease and you name it on that protector. Some lacquer thinner moistened on a soft white cotton towel and bingo - looking like new! So there you have it. Going on three months in the battle fields and this stock shield is still doing it's job, invisible and perfect! mike