What is the best screen protector?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Crazy, Jan 20, 2010.

1. MaXKiLLz

MaXKiLLz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed the Boxwave Crystal last night using the 'steamed bathroom' trick. Went on very easily with no lint, no bubbles, no loss of sensitivity. It is 100% invisible. Looks exactly like naked glass. BTW, the Boxwave Crystal I installed on my Dell Axim x30 still hasn't peeled after more than 3 years. It's been sitting in a hot garage for the last year and a half.

2. Sp3aK

Sp3aK Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried a Zagg protector TWICE and messed up both times installing. I was really frustrated because it just wouldn't go on right. I did get the rest of the pieces installed to protect the rest of the phone. The Zagg shields on my wifes env3 went on just fine though. I also have one on my iPod touch that went on fine.

Anyway I ended up doing the 3-pack from Verizon and only wasted one screen getting it installed. It went on pretty good and I guess I got one piece of something behind the screen (don't know how).

If you can get Best Buy to install your Zagg shield I would go that way. I keep checking and the local best buy didn't have them. I'm done trying to install something like that especially with how much money it costs.

3. jared.holloway

jared.holloway New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im using the ZAGG invisible shield, for the most part I would say its been a good purchase, and the only complaints have been, is that after a month or two of use, the edges tend to peel and discolor slightly, and when the edges peel they lose their tackiness, yet one of the benefits is that it has a LIFETIME warranty, which is nice, because you initially pay $20 for the front shield or $35 for shielding the whole device front-to-back (my pref.), and when the corners start to peel and arent perfect anymore, you can take it back to the ZAGG kiosk in the mall and they will replace the shield for you for free with a brand new one... although do be aware of $10 installation fee, which for me, is worth it to have this quality of shield. I highly do recommend finding a mall kiosk somewhere where they have an ZAGG invisible shield kiosk, where they'll apply it for you..

4. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Got ghost armor at best buy. Installed it ran me about $25. Not cheap but it works great and has a lifetime warranty against anything including install. They installed it wrong the first time and it looked horrible, after they put a new one on its been great...

5. Sparty83

Sparty83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Seidio Ultimate Screen Guard and really like it. No loss of sensitivity and there's no bubbles. Probably a bit pricey compared to others, but it works great for me. :motdroidhoriz:

6. The Miz

The Miz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Zagg installed at best buy. Don't even know its there...

7. bsheurs

bsheurs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just purchased the Steinheil Crystal. i would have also bought the Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint but they were out of stock.

8. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed my Steinheil Crystal like 5 minutes ago, and so far I am extremely impressed. I went through an entire pack of the crappy Verizon ones without getting one to look remotely acceptable. I got the Steinheil on first try and it looks and feels fantastic. It is literally invisible, I can't even tell that its on.

One trick I used that I picked up from these boards was to apply the protector in the bathroom after letting the hot shower run for a few minutes. The idea is to increase the humidity a great deal to knock all of the floating dust out of the air so it doesn't get caught under the protector and ruin the application. Seemed to work well, as I had none of the problems with dust I encountered trying to apply the Verizon ones in a normal room.

9. rocketman45

rocketman45 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Ghost Armor (just for screen). I couldn't be more pleased. Almost seems to repel fingerprints.

10. styleznma

styleznma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The best screen protector is NONE, you don't need one as was explained previously and exampled in a youtube video (search for screen scratch test).

My wife has Zagg InvisibleSHIELD and i have to say ITS HORRIBLE, i absoultly hate the feel of it, the touch is sticky, you can't slide your finger with ease on it.

I would go with none.

11. styleznma

styleznma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why is it when I installed it, there is a rainbow tint when held at certain angles? The texture is annoying, wouldn't recommend at all.

12. styleznma

styleznma New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Heres the video I saw before,
    after seeing this I was more comfortable to not put a screen protector on.

However I will admit I really wanted one on when I first got it, I failed 6 times with the verizon ones they sell, could not get it on with out bubble(s).

after having the phone since November, its really not needed.

Search tags for this page

best cell phone screen protector

best cell phone screen protector cnet
best cell phone screen protector review
best cell phone screen protectors
best screen protector for cell phones
cell phone screen protector review
cell phone screen protector reviews
cell phone screen protectors reviews
screen protector reviews cnet
what is the best cell phone screen protector