1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What is the best screen protector?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Crazy, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Crazy

Crazy New Member

I'm currently using the Verizon 3 pack ones and simply hate it. I failed on my first two attempts and screwed up on my 3rd one as well (air bubbles) but I have it on because it's my last one.

I would like to know what is the best screen protector for the Motorola Droid?

I was leaning towards the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD but I heard some bad reviews on it.

Thanks.
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

I have the Zagg and find nothing wrong with it. It does have that orange peel effect which some people don't like, but i don;t mind it. It doesn't interfere with screen sensitivity or visibility.

I bought the 3-pack on launch day and hated them. Dust/dirt would collect where the 4 buttons are and i hated it.
  3. stanrc

stanrc New Member

I've been using the one Verizon sells in a 3 pack since I got the Droid and its been fine. The top right corner is a little messed up but the rest fits just fine. I prefer to stay away from screen protectors that require soap/liquid to be used.
  4. brute48

brute48 New Member

I had the same problem with the verizon 3 pack. I went to best buy and had them put on the Zag shield. It is not as clear as the ones from verizion but i cant really see it when the phone is on. No bubbles on my screen...... plus they will replace it for life. Just my 2 cents.
  5. roflcopters

roflcopters New Member

I also tried the 3 pack from Verizon. The first one went on OK but I had to return that phone. The other two wouldn't go on correctly so I got the ZAGG. It's got an interesting texture, and the application was a bit more involved, but I like it and think it was well worth it.
  6. vuskee

vuskee New Member

7. Guchi

Guchi New Member

i personally like to let the gorilla glass do its thing
  8. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i hated the vzw 3 pack. i've had zaggs but i like static protectors. i'm ordering a steinheil crstal screen protector. idk if its good, but ive heard good things
  9. Rocky

Rocky New Member

I'm subscribing to this thread. I just got Zagg's but now I read about Gorilla Glass and I just read about another brand.

It looks like I'll have to try'em all to find out which one's better, then I'll give you my opinion.

All I can say for now is that Verizon's do suck indeed. They get scratched easily, they're kinda hard to put on and trap all kinds of lint before you can get it right.

Regards,
    Rocky
  10. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I say the best screen protector is no screen protector. :)
  11. Houndstooth

Houndstooth New Member

I've had Zagg's since I bought my phone a couple weeks ago and I still go back and forth on it.

Installation isn't as bad as some people here made it out to be, but it's not a fun task either. I didn't get any bubbles when I installed it though.

The protector itself is obviously strong, but I definitely think that sensitivity suffers.
    I didn't get any of the rainbow streaks some people did, but it definitely feels rubbery. I've gotten used to it, but I used a non-zagg'd screen today and it was really much nicer and responsive.

One interesting thing is that I installed it and there was a speck of dust under it so I tried to reinstall. While I was reinstalling, I apparently scratched or bunched the protector itself with the card they give you to install it, so that was a bit odd. I'll probably send in for a replacement.
  12. RyanS2000

RyanS2000 New Member

13. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Uhm... I didn't know you can send it back for a replacemente if something goes wrong with the insatallation (that's what I think you say). It's good to know.

Regards,
    Rocky
  14. Houndstooth

Houndstooth New Member

Well they don't give them out like candy, but the website says this:

15. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

the Gorilla glass didn't really "Do Its Thing" for me on day 4 after babying my DROID didn't drop it, didn't pocket it, didn't slide it etc. I notices a small scratch on my GORILLA GLASS. I have no idea how it happened. I didn't let the droid out of my sight and I know it wasn't there when I purchased the phone.

I now have a verizon 3 pack screen protector and feel much better. if my GORILLA glass can scratch so easy that I have no idea how it happened I will rock the screen protector.

yet I see youtubes of some guy hacking away with a key or people just tossing the DROID around like a rag doll and claim no scratches or anything boggles my mind.

-=Jason=-
  16. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

17. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

18. m1chuhsuh

m1chuhsuh New Member

19. chops

chops New Member

I have the zagg for my droid and wifes eris and find no problem with it, they sent a replacement when i needed it for my droid. The installation can get wierd u have to have your finger tips wet at all times and the screen protecter and the screen or finger prints happen.
  20. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

Don't really have a favorite or can say which is the best. But I currently have a Phantom Skinz on my Droid and like it. Not tacky or rubbery feeling like the Zagg and no orange peel effect. And it resists fingerprints. Not completely but it takes alot longer for the screen to look smudged up than it did with the naked screen. I have also used Invisible Gadget Guard in the past on another phone with similar results.
Search tags for this page

best cell phone screen protector

best cell phone screen protector cnet

best cell phone screen protector review

best cell phone screen protector reviews
best cell phone screen protectors
best phone screen protector cnet
best screen protector for cell phones
best screen protectors for cell phones

cell phone screen protector review

cell phone screen protector reviews

cell phone screen protectors reviews