What is the best screen protector?

Crazy

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Verizon 3 pack ones and simply hate it. I failed on my first two attempts and screwed up on my 3rd one as well (air bubbles) but I have it on because it's my last one.

I would like to know what is the best screen protector for the Motorola Droid?

I was leaning towards the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD but I heard some bad reviews on it.

Thanks.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the Zagg and find nothing wrong with it. It does have that orange peel effect which some people don't like, but i don;t mind it. It doesn't interfere with screen sensitivity or visibility.

I bought the 3-pack on launch day and hated them. Dust/dirt would collect where the 4 buttons are and i hated it.

stanrc

Reaction score
I've been using the one Verizon sells in a 3 pack since I got the Droid and its been fine. The top right corner is a little messed up but the rest fits just fine. I prefer to stay away from screen protectors that require soap/liquid to be used.

brute48

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the verizon 3 pack. I went to best buy and had them put on the Zag shield. It is not as clear as the ones from verizion but i cant really see it when the phone is on. No bubbles on my screen...... plus they will replace it for life. Just my 2 cents.

roflcopters

Reaction score
I also tried the 3 pack from Verizon. The first one went on OK but I had to return that phone. The other two wouldn't go on correctly so I got the ZAGG. It's got an interesting texture, and the application was a bit more involved, but I like it and think it was well worth it.

Guchi

Reaction score
i personally like to let the gorilla glass do its thing

tktouch12

Reaction score
i hated the vzw 3 pack. i've had zaggs but i like static protectors. i'm ordering a steinheil crstal screen protector. idk if its good, but ive heard good things

Rocky

Reaction score
I'm currently using the Verizon 3 pack ones and simply hate it. I failed on my first two attempts and screwed up on my 3rd one as well (air bubbles) but I have it on because it's my last one.

I would like to know what is the best screen protector for the Motorola Droid?

I was leaning towards the Zagg InvisibleSHIELD but I heard some bad reviews on it.

Thanks.
I'm subscribing to this thread. I just got Zagg's but now I read about Gorilla Glass and I just read about another brand.

It looks like I'll have to try'em all to find out which one's better, then I'll give you my opinion.

All I can say for now is that Verizon's do suck indeed. They get scratched easily, they're kinda hard to put on and trap all kinds of lint before you can get it right.

Regards,
Rocky

Houndstooth

Reaction score
I've had Zagg's since I bought my phone a couple weeks ago and I still go back and forth on it.

Installation isn't as bad as some people here made it out to be, but it's not a fun task either. I didn't get any bubbles when I installed it though.

The protector itself is obviously strong, but I definitely think that sensitivity suffers.
I didn't get any of the rainbow streaks some people did, but it definitely feels rubbery. I've gotten used to it, but I used a non-zagg'd screen today and it was really much nicer and responsive.

One interesting thing is that I installed it and there was a speck of dust under it so I tried to reinstall. While I was reinstalling, I apparently scratched or bunched the protector itself with the card they give you to install it, so that was a bit odd. I'll probably send in for a replacement.

RyanS2000

Reaction score

Rocky

Reaction score
I've had Zagg's since I bought my phone a couple weeks ago and I still go back and forth on it.

Installation isn't as bad as some people here made it out to be, but it's not a fun task either. I didn't get any bubbles when I installed it though.

The protector itself is obviously strong, but I definitely think that sensitivity suffers.
I didn't get any of the rainbow streaks some people did, but it definitely feels rubbery. I've gotten used to it, but I used a non-zagg'd screen today and it was really much nicer and responsive.

One interesting thing is that I installed it and there was a speck of dust under it so I tried to reinstall. While I was reinstalling, I apparently scratched or bunched the protector itself with the card they give you to install it, so that was a bit odd. I'll probably send in for a replacement.
Uhm... I didn't know you can send it back for a replacemente if something goes wrong with the insatallation (that's what I think you say). It's good to know.

Regards,
Rocky

Houndstooth

Reaction score
Uhm... I didn't know you can send it back for a replacemente if something goes wrong with the insatallation (that's what I think you say). It's good to know.

Regards,
Rocky
Well they don't give them out like candy, but the website says this:

The Lifetime Replacement Guarantee is simply what it says: If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn, or damaged while protecting your device, we offer you a free invisibleSHIELD replacement for as long as you own your device. We want you to feel safe and secure when investing in your digital life, and that you are confident the invisibleSHIELD is the strongest and most durable protection you will find. Proof of purchase and return of original product are required.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i personally like to let the gorilla glass do its thing
the Gorilla glass didn't really "Do Its Thing" for me on day 4 after babying my DROID didn't drop it, didn't pocket it, didn't slide it etc. I notices a small scratch on my GORILLA GLASS. I have no idea how it happened. I didn't let the droid out of my sight and I know it wasn't there when I purchased the phone.

I now have a verizon 3 pack screen protector and feel much better. if my GORILLA glass can scratch so easy that I have no idea how it happened I will rock the screen protector.

yet I see youtubes of some guy hacking away with a key or people just tossing the DROID around like a rag doll and claim no scratches or anything boggles my mind.

-=Jason=-