what is the best screen protector and how do i end a call?

wvdroidman

Reaction score
What is the best screen protector, the verizon or best buy zagg?
I am going to buy one tomorrow or thursday so that is why I am asking.

Also how do I get my screen not to shut off when I am on a call? It takes me an extra minute to end a call because I have to keep fiddling with it.

thank you

bill1253

Reaction score
I got zagg on mine. Bought it from the zagg website- every now and then they have a 50% off sale. I also used it on my last phone and I will always go back to them

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
it's $15 plus shipping so it will probably equal out to the $21 at best buy in the end. How is the touch screen with it though?

bubblehead

Reaction score

bill1253

Reaction score
touch screen works fine on mine. I'm sure there must be a more posts about this.

If you do go to zagg, check out the video. It really is resistent to scratching. I got the full kit for like 12.50 on the 50% sale but I've only used the screen protector. If you can wait, it is worth it

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I think I will go to best buy and get the zagg tomorrow.

warrior21

Reaction score
The screen display should come back on as soon as you take the phone away from your ear and you just hit end. There might be an issue with your proximity sensor if the screen isn't turning back on

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
it works but only for 2 seconds then goes dark again then back to on and back to off again. In the meantime my call is still tacking on the minutes.

Unfortunately since I bought the phone used on ebay I think I am out of luck.

htbyron

Reaction score
It could be how you are holding the phone. I have had the same problem with the screen repeatedly going dark even after I pull the phone away from my ear. I found that I was typically holding the phone with my finger very near the sensor, but I have trained myself to hold it differently now.

The proximity sensor is in the upper left corner as you look at the droid's screen. Test it by making a call and putting your finger near the top left corner until the screen goes dark, then move your finger until the screen comes on again. That should give you an idea where to avoid putting your finger when holding the phone.

jayman350

Reaction score
I am using the Seidio screen protector and its great! I bought the verizon one when I got the phone and it was ok but nothing special. So I got the seidio case and screen protectors and could not be happier.

I used Zagg on other phones I had, but they would eventually begin peeling off at the corners. When it was fully adhered to the phone it worked awesome, no scratches, nicks, etc. However, I didn't really like the feel of the zagg skins. It was smooth but with kind of a tacky (sticky) feel to it. I never tried the zagg on the droid, I didn't like it all that much for a non-touchscreen phone so there was no way I was going to get it for a touchscreen.

I guess it comes down to personal opinion more than anything.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I am looking for a screen protector/case that protects the phone while it is in my pocket at work without taking away the feeling and functionality of the screen.

Would the verizon protectors work or is the zagg better?

warrior21

Reaction score
I am looking for a screen protector/case that protects the phone while it is in my pocket at work without taking away the feeling and functionality of the screen.

Would the verizon protectors work or is the zagg better?
I can't comment on any other screen protector but I've had a verizon one on my phone since the first day I've bought it with no issues.

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what does the verizon protector look like? Does it take away from the look, feel and functionality of the screen? Does it cover the buttons on the bottom of the screen?

warrior21

Reaction score
No it doesn't cover the bottom buttons and as far as I can see it doesn't affect the phone in any way. I've had it from minute one so I can't really compare it to the feel of a screen without it but it doesn't bother me one bit and the screen is very responsive. It has the cutouts on top for the proximity sensor and the LED

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
do the bottom buttons get any scratches or dings on them since they aren't covered or smudged up?