What is the BEST media streaming app?

B

budmonster

I'm not familiar with this type of apps or what's out there, so I'm asking you fellow Droiders...

What is the best media steaming app for Android? I'm trying to find something where I can stream music, videos, etc. from my PC and play them on my DX. I'm guessing there would be an app for my PC and DX? Also am I able to stream media from my phone onto my TV with out DNLA(dont even know what that is LOL)? Is there a way to do that? I don't know what app is capable of doing all this so please let me know.

I'd love to hear what you guys use and what the best app out there is!

Thanks guys...BUD

patrick79

Reaction score
Read someone talking about galaxy app for music but dont know about tv-was gonna try downloading it myself today

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this type of apps or what's out there, so I'm asking you fellow Droiders...

What is the best media steaming app for Android? I'm trying to find something where I can stream music, videos, etc. from my PC and play them on my DX. I'm guessing there would be an app for my PC and DX? Also am I able to stream media from my phone onto my TV with out DNLA(dont even know what that is LOL)? Is there a way to do that? I don't know what app is capable of doing all this so please let me know.

I'd love to hear what you guys use and what the best app out there is!

Thanks guys...BUD

Best app i've used to stream music from my pc to my droid and my g tablet from viewsonic is called gMote its free in the market you install it to your computer and than open the proper ports for it on your router and than you can get into it on your android device. I'm able to stream my music, movies, pictures and tv show directly from my pc at home to anywhere in the world on either my gtab or my droid i love that app.

technologeek

Reaction score
Try Audiogalaxy for accessing all your music on your PC it's free. PlayOn is also good for accessing local videos and internet stuff you cannot get on the droid yet (Netflix and Hulu) but it has a subscription fee ($40/yr, 80/lifetime) but that is the only streaming video solution I have found for the droid that works well. I highly recommend both of them. Homepipe was pretty decent but they now charge and I didn't have much luck with any videos thru it.