What is the best kernal for Froyo BB 0.1? (1ghz)

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Crazy, Jun 12, 2010.

1. LVGDroidFan

LVGDroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting great performance from the Chevy 1.0 ULV.

2. SpudDogg

SpudDogg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just happy to have a 1GHz kernel working at all. For some reason, Pete's kernels over 800MHz don't work on my phone, no matter what. I tried out Chevy's 1GHz ULV to get a boot loop, but the 1GHz LV works just fine. BB 0.1, Chevy's kernel at 1GHz, animations turned off...This thing freakin FLIES.

Thanks to everyone involved.

3. Cleskers

Cleskers Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am very happy with mine. Lower temps and better batt life.

4. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have a question when I go to check about phone information it simply says chevy no 1kernal 32lv. That's it pretty much and it doesn't say ulv or ultra low voltage is that right. I flashed the ultra low voltage 1.2 ghz. If it helps I'm running bugless froyo.

5. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I hope BeKit has a kernal for Froyo soon

I've yet to find a single Kernal besides the stock one in petes rom to run stable. I"ve tried turning down speeds lower than im use to running and still getting random reboots form time to time, its not constantly or anthing so I cant narrow down whats causng it.
    I had none on the stock rom but it was slower than what im use to from my BBv1.1 with Bekit 1.2LV kernal I had the same kernal on BBv1.0 and BBv1.1.

6. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Anyway I can get the stock 800 kernal back

I really dont want to start over again. I have most things setup to my like and all then I changed the kernal from stock. :(.

Is there a way to get the stock kernal to flash back without starting over 100%. ?
    My wifi is still too flaky to use these faster but not as stable kernals I've tried. I've tried evern one I could find so far too. All the p3's are about the same for wifi issue. I have to save the ChevyNo1's do run cooler and I thought had wifi fixed but once I started watching youtube HiDef, I see its still unstable.

7. superwrench

superwrench New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had some issues with several Froyo roms except Bugless Beast v0.1 FRF57 by Pete. (It may be due to trying faster kernels than the std. 800mhz built for Froyo.) BBv0.1 works flawless for me on my Moto Droid with the included kernel & Spare Parts "window animations" & "transition animations" both set to Fast. It is the fastest most stable rom I have tried, Froyo or ESE81.

8. breakingjessica

Ratings:
    +0
    I was using P3Droid's 1.0GHz kernel for the last week or so, and the battery life and heat were no problem. A little warm, but really good all around. I saw Chevy's froyo kernels yesterday and decided to try them out. The ULV is a no-go sadly. It just yields a bootloop. So I tired the 1 GHz LV, and it's been great. I have to wait until the work week to really get a feel for the battery life, because I'm home sick this weekend, so I'm on the phone all day lol. But I bet it'll be good as well. So yeah, P3Droid and Chevy both have 1 GHz kernels that work really well.

9. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    That is really strange

The LV 1200 and LV 1250 kernal cause random reboots, mostly when I would run quadrant tests. I switched to ULV and that problem stopped for me.

It still seems to have non-stable wifi some of the time :(

10. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Been testing Chevy's LV 1GHZ and it is fantastic. Heat issues have vanished not enough time on it to determine better battery life.

I will say that I was running Chevy's on 2.1 DE and it ran excellent so I'm assuming based off of what I've seen so far I will have the same experience.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

11. Samurai26

Samurai26 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you running BBv.1? Because I might wanna switch from p3's LV 1ghz kernel to Chevy's ULV 1ghz kernel

EDIT: Ok, never mind reread the thread title and concluded I'm an idiot...lol

#23 Samurai26, Jun 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  12. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I am running petes BBv0.1

with ChevyNo1 1200ULV kernal at the moment. Hoping Bekit'puts out a kernal. I loved them on BBv1.0 and BBv1.1. Ran a bit warm when pushing it to 1200, all the time, but it was very stable no random reboots and it wasn't overheating. Just was a tad warmer than some of the other kernals I tried on those BB versions.

some complained about there kernals. I loved it personally. Had them on all 3 of my Moto Droids. I hope to run one on the incredible now that its been rooted.