What is the BEST Game Available for the Droid?

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Since I am waiting like the rest of us, I am wondering what is the best games that will run on the Droids. Since I have never used the Android Software before, I am sure there are others out there who have. Maybe you all can chime in here and enlighten those of us who are not so enlightened, yet.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
interested ass well.. the thing with the motorola (not the HTC) is that is has, what basically amounts to a dedicated graphics card. not exactly, but kinda.. so there probably won't be any games out there, right now, that can use the hardware on the motorola up to it's potential. kinda like the ps3 when it came out...

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I am sure this will not be an issue we will have to live with for to long. I am sure the games will be coming out of the woodwork soon. :rolleyes:

forkup

Reaction score
Yup, I expect developers to flock to the android OS with so many cell phone makers coming out with android devices. I expect them to see a lucrative market for their software and the current 10,000 apps will hopefully just be a drop in the bucket after another year or so goes by :)

Zippster

Reaction score
Playing games via my phone was never all that interesting, gaming is what I built my monster quad core home system for, I will say though that Mystique for android OS does look like a fun thing to have for killing time while waiting for appointments etc.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Zippster;1096[B said:
]Playing games via my phone was never all that interesting[/B], gaming is what I built my monster quad core home system for, I will say though that Mystique for android OS does look like a fun thing to have for killing time while waiting for appointments etc.

It's the reason we have 2 XBOX 360's at home. Nice screen but too small for hames IMHO :rolleyes:

OP
JimMariner

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
The reason I am looking for games to play on the Droid is I spend alot of time in Airports while traveling for work. So there is a significant amount of BORING TIME. So instead of unpacking my Laptop, looking for a power source, keeping my leg warming laptop in my lap comfortably, Playing a game on the Droid might be a good distraction. So hopefully The Games Will Come !!! :cool:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah most of the apps / games i've seen so far were out for the 1.6 OS. Not saying that much in the word of coding has changed but now that they are releasing so many phones with the droid on them, we shouldn't have to wait long to get some really good games.

miniboss

Reaction score
It's been a few years since I stopped playing the PSP and DS.... the Droid has the potential to pull me back into handheld gaming. The Droid will have it covered if there are some good turn based strategy games like Advanced Wars or Age of Empires.

ebean

Reaction score
are you able to play games where you tap on the screen (aka bubblet) or is it all controlled on the keyboard?

ebean

Reaction score
great. a) i'm used to a palm so it's all tap on the screen stuff and b) i play bejeweled and bubblet and word games when i'm in the subway - which is a lot!
not into fantasy games ...but will be happy if there are decent touch screen games on it. and i like to play lexulous online...so i'd play it on the droid if i can.

Zippster

Reaction score
Bubblet must be what is called Bubble breaker on my Samsung. My wife steals my phone regularly to play it.

Superman

Reaction score
I just want a good classic Tetris game (like the old Windows 3.0 version) and a SNES or N64 emulator.