What is the best battery widget app to use?

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I am looking for a good reliable, not battery eating, battery widget to use. any suggestions? For some reason, Gauge Battery Widget doesn't seem to stay running on the Razr, at least not mine... might be the smart actions I have set up, but I still want to know what others use. Thanks in advance!

rherron

Reaction score
Battery Widget by geekyouup is what I use and I like it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
One other question I have, how do you turn off 4g if you don't need it for a little while? Thanks

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
On my OG Droid I had Battery Left as it was the only way to accurately gauge the extended battery. It was useless in terms of percentage, but I had it reading mv; I know that 4200mv was full and 3500mv was time to charge.

I'm currently using Circle Widget; it's nice in that it'll give you percentage in single digits, not at 90%, 80% and so on. Plus it's free.

One other question I have, how do you turn off 4g if you don't need it for a little while? Thanks

If it's like the Bionic, go into Settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile Network>Network Mode. Just change CMDA/LTE to CMDA only.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Is it not counter productive to have an app to monitor battery life that just uses more battery to tell you something the phone already does? Do those apps do something else besides just tell you battery percentage?

portermac

Reaction score
I use one so I can see battery in 1% increments. Stop worrying about the battery so much and enjoy the phone. Everyone wants to get great battery so they shut everything off and try not to hardly use the phone so they can say hey I've gone two days with twenty percent left. Who cares, if you want more battery get a bigger battery and then no worries.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

stevenakaproek

Reaction score
I use one so I can see battery in 1% increments. Stop worrying about the battery so much and enjoy the phone. Everyone wants to get great battery so they shut everything off and try not to hardly use the phone so they can say hey I've gone two days with twenty percent left. Who cares, if you want more battery get a bigger battery and then no worries.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yea brah how I am gonna be able to put a new battery on the droid razr? lol c'mon brah

SANhacker

Reaction score
In my experience, quite limited, I'd say Smart Actions is the best.
It has made a huge difference based on input from the Smart Actions thread.
Thanks to all that posted. I'm just learning and will hopefully be able to pay it back once I have a clue.

Deron

Reaction score

Download the app called "LTE Switch" by Geoffrey Buttercrumbs. Then add that app as a shortcut to your homescreen. Tap on it to take you directly to the settings screen that allows you to toggle the network mode to CDMA only.

lesilent

Reaction score
I'm currently using Circle Widget; it's nice in that it'll give you percentage in single digits, not at 90%, 80% and so on. Plus it's free.

Definitely the best battery widget on the market.

;)

CharlieJ

Reaction score
As long as my battery lasts from the time I leave the house, around 7am in the morning, until I hit the car around 5pm in the evening, I don't care if it's on 5%. I want to use my phone. There is another thread with battery saving suggestions, but some of those ideas turn off features I like or want. Just use your phone... and charge it when the battery goes dead. No biggie. :biggrin:

There are some decent widgets out there, if you must know what the percentage or mV are. My advice, look for the top-rated free ones first. Then, support the developers by buying their paid app if you can use the extra features.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it not counter productive to have an app to monitor battery life that just uses more battery to tell you something the phone already does? Do those apps do something else besides just tell you battery percentage?

Several battery apps tell you more than just the percentage. Battery Left, for example, has 3 lines of information which you decide what you want to see. It can show:
- estimated battery %
- estimated voltage %
- system battery %
- calibration accuracy
- time left until battery empty
- time left until battery is full (when charging)
- clock time that battery will die (12 and 24 hr)
- voltage
- temperature (Fahrenheit and Celsius)
- Shortcut buttons to battery info, usage and history (if supported on your device)
- Show battery time left in hours and minutes via battery calibration system with visual accuracy rating
- Shows battery % in 1% levels on Motorola Droids that by default only show 10% levels

But for simplicity, I prefer Circle Widget.

pico1

Reaction score
I'm using Circle Battery app and it seems to be stuck on since I installed it and started using it. It's saying XX% charge for 88 hours. Anyone know how to reset this? I thought it would reset once you powered off the phone or recharge. I do charge my phone when it dies or I power it off then charge it over night. Could that be why?

pico1

Reaction score
Bump any ideas?