What is rooting, freezing, etc etc?

LDB415

Reaction score
What are all these alien ideas, terms, etc.? What others are there I don't know to ask about?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Everything you're asking has been answered. I don't believe in telling people to search but you're asking for a lot of information that's already out there.

I suggest you go through the various Forums and read the stickies. When you do that you will learn everything you need to know about Android.

Big Cam

Reaction score
I've been asking a few questions again lately that I probably should have know by now being a member for so long, so I'll throw you a bone.

Rooting is exploiting the root access on an android phone, it gives you superuser access so you can do things like delete the bloatware that comes on our phones.

Freezing is when you feeeze an app so it cannot run in the background, you need root access to do this.

Check this forum for info.

And this particular thread for more detail on what rooting is.

OP
L

LDB415

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm supposed to go with my 85 yr old dad in the morning so I'm on the crash course plan. If I had loads of time I would have just read and absorbed.

DROOIID

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I'm supposed to go with my 85 yr old dad in the morning so I'm on the crash course plan. If I had loads of time I would have just read and absorbed.

Just read, read, then read some more. Then root lol.