what is nandroid and how do i use it?

agentmayhem

Reaction score
Hi, i wanna root my droid x, but this time i dont wanna brick it, so0o0o, wat is it exactly that i need to do? what is nandroid? what are some good roms? how to prevent bricking? how to get out of bricking? what is a sbf? if someone could answers these i would greatly appreciate it! dancedroid. Pretty much how do i prepare for a root + rom change without messing my phone up.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Well a search could give u all the asnweres but I can answer the nandroid backup...for this u need koush bootstrap after rooting. U can find it in the market. Open up bootstrap and select the backup option then reboot option. Once in the recovery screen. Navigate to backup and restore and select backup...this backup will be saved on sd I believe....if something were to go wrong, just follow the steps above again but this time select the restore option once in recovery screen

Sent from my DROID2

Reaction score
I searched and it gets confusing fast. I like the OP am taking it slow. Been rooted for a few days and need to get a backup before going farther and running into problems.

I searched the market for Koush Bootstrap and it found nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

My DROID beat-up your iphone

Wnclivin

Reaction score
Hi, i wanna root my droid x, but this time i dont wanna brick it, so0o0o, wat is it exactly that i need to do? what is nandroid? what are some good roms? how to prevent bricking? how to get out of bricking? what is a sbf? if someone could answers these i would greatly appreciate it! dancedroid. Pretty much how do i prepare for a root + rom change without messing my phone up.

Hey bro I have a rooting guide on my site http://tweakmydevice.com/why-tweak/select-your-system/android/droid-x

Let me know if I can answer any questions, I'll be doing tutorials on flashing sbf, doing backups, installing roms/themes soon.

OP
A

agentmayhem

Reaction score
Aright thanks, yeah I need to know how to flash the sbf file and where I get it from....

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score

Florida_Bwoi

Reaction score
hey all. i dont know if im in the right thread, but i messed up my x. i got a replacement phone, rooted, installed bootstrap, and then tried to restore a nandroid i had of a 2.2 rom but i flashed over the stock 2.1 like a dummy. and it stays on m logo when i try to boot up. i still can access clockwork recovery tho. does anyone know of a solution or can send me a nandroid of a stock 2.1? please???

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hey all. i dont know if im in the right thread, but i messed up my x. i got a replacement phone, rooted, installed bootstrap, and then tried to restore a nandroid i had of a 2.2 rom but i flashed over the stock 2.1 like a dummy. and it stays on m logo when i try to boot up. i still can access clockwork recovery tho. does anyone know of a solution or can send me a nandroid of a stock 2.1? please???
the best solution for this would be to flash back with an sbf file

Sent from my DROID2

Florida_Bwoi

Reaction score
thanks for the suggestion. i wanted a nandroid cuz my computer wasnt working right, but i did flash sbf anyway and everythings straight now, thanks again