What is "Motorola Apps?"

RBIG

Reaction score
Onavco Count reports that the application "Motorola Apps" is hogging my data allotment of 2 Gbytes. It uses about 1/4 of this amount during the first half of the month. IK understand that it cannnot be uninstalled without rooting my phone. Does anyone know what this app does and why it uses so much data?? Anyone know what would happen if I rooted my phone and got rid of this app? Thanks for your help.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I do not have Motorola apps on my Razr Maxx. I think if you uninstall it, you will be fine. If you're not rooted then your phone won't let you uninstall or disable anything that is necessary.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums.. motorola apps doesn't appear on my device either...

What network are you with? Perhaps your device has a slightly different setup??

More info would help... if you're on ics, take a screen shot and post it.. to do this press and hold the volume down and power button at the same time. It will snap a pic, then release the buttons.

jaybogg

Reaction score
Onavco Count reports that the application "Motorola Apps" is hogging my data allotment of 2 Gbytes. It uses about 1/4 of this amount during the first half of the month. IK understand that it cannnot be uninstalled without rooting my phone. Does anyone know what this app does and why it uses so much data?? Anyone know what would happen if I rooted my phone and got rid of this app? Thanks for your help.

Could it be speaking of "Motorola Apps" as in plural, possibly anything part of motoblur? I don't know much about the parsing out of ICS, what stock apps are google developed and which are moto developed such as the stock browser, texting, streaming music, etc.. What are your most used apps during a day/evening? Maybe this will shed some light on the message your app is giving you. Just a thought, I could be way off base here!:biggrin: