What is going on??????

basnyc

Reaction score
Yesterday I noticed that my personalized wallpaper (just a family photo) disappeared and my wallpaper was a default Bionic looking theme. I thought perhaps this was the result of a possible update (that we all have been waiting for. Anyway, a few hours later, my family photo wallpaper actuallly re-appeared.

my version is still 5.5.886....I don't think this is the "udpate".

My main concern is that my battery has always been fine. I usually charge my phone overnight and I could go all day without having to charge it. anyway, last night, I did my overnight charge, came to work, four hours later, my battery has drained to the point of needing to plug it in. This has never happened before.

Side note - I got my Bionic on the release date, had MAJOR problems with it. Verizon actually replaced my phone with a new one which has been fine up until today!

Anyone have ideas what this could be???????

mrechav

Reaction score
This same thing happened to me yesterday. I have been very impressed with the battery life. This was the first and last time (knock on wood!). I am interested to see if there's something that can be done to avoid it becoming an issue.

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
A couple of days ago my battery starting draining faster than normal and it's taking longer to charge also. I haven't changed anything. I too was impressed with the battery life. Got the phone Sept. 13.

ripper2860

Reaction score
A couple of days ago my battery starting draining faster than normal and it's taking longer to charge also. I haven't changed anything. I too was impressed with the battery life. Got the phone Sept. 13.

Motorola had a DST time change bug that resulted in battery issues across many moto phones, including DROID. It's detailed in other posts in this forum (and others). Here's what you need to do ...

Turn off the phone.
Pull the battery.
Pull the SIM card out.
Put the battery back in (w/o the SIM).
Power the phone back on.
When you receive and error re: no SIM, power the unit off
Pull the battery
Re-insert the SIM
Re-insert the battery
Power back on.

This process should force the phone to re-connect to the network and resolve the DST battery issue. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Motorola had a DST time change bug that resulted in battery issues across many moto phone, including DROID. It's detailed in other posts in this forum (and other). Here's what you need to do ...

Turn off the phone.
Pull the battery.
Pull the SIM card out.
Power the phone back on.
Pull the battery
Re-insert the SIM
Re-insert the battery
Power back on.

This process should force the phone to re-connect to the network and resolve the DST battery issue. Hope it helps.

Ok, I did all that! Tomorrow will tell after it's charged. Thanks!

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Motorola had a DST time change bug that resulted in battery issues across many moto phones, including DROID. It's detailed in other posts in this forum (and others). Here's what you need to do ...

Turn off the phone.
Pull the battery.
Pull the SIM card out.
Power the phone back on.
Pull the battery
Re-insert the SIM
Re-insert the battery
Power back on.

Worked! Thanks for the help! Although I broke a nail getting the battery out! :biggrin:

ripper2860

Reaction score
Weird, all I had to do was reboot my phone and i'm back to all day battery life. I followed this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-may-experience-battery-issues-after-dst.html

Don't know why people are taking out their SIM cards? The error effects phones that don't use SIM cards as well. It doesn't seem like the SIM card would be a part of the equation.

I thought a reboot would do it, however my phone battery issue persisted even though I power the phone off at night. A couple of other reputable sites mentioned removing the battery and SIM so I figured why not -- and it resolved my battery issue. Maybe coincidence. Maybe the battery pull alone did it. Just glad I'm back to all-day battery. :D