1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What is going on??????

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by basnyc, Nov 7, 2011.

1. basnyc

basnyc New Member

Yesterday I noticed that my personalized wallpaper (just a family photo) disappeared and my wallpaper was a default Bionic looking theme. I thought perhaps this was the result of a possible update (that we all have been waiting for. Anyway, a few hours later, my family photo wallpaper actuallly re-appeared.

my version is still 5.5.886....I don't think this is the "udpate".

My main concern is that my battery has always been fine. I usually charge my phone overnight and I could go all day without having to charge it. anyway, last night, I did my overnight charge, came to work, four hours later, my battery has drained to the point of needing to plug it in. This has never happened before.

Side note - I got my Bionic on the release date, had MAJOR problems with it. Verizon actually replaced my phone with a new one which has been fine up until today!

Anyone have ideas what this could be???????
  2. mrechav

mrechav New Member

This same thing happened to me yesterday. I have been very impressed with the battery life. This was the first and last time (knock on wood!). I am interested to see if there's something that can be done to avoid it becoming an issue.
  3. borregolinda

borregolinda New Member

A couple of days ago my battery starting draining faster than normal and it's taking longer to charge also. I haven't changed anything. I too was impressed with the battery life. Got the phone Sept. 13.
  4. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Motorola had a DST time change bug that resulted in battery issues across many moto phones, including DROID. It's detailed in other posts in this forum (and others). Here's what you need to do ...

Turn off the phone.
    Pull the battery.
    Pull the SIM card out.
    Put the battery back in (w/o the SIM).
    Power the phone back on.
    When you receive and error re: no SIM, power the unit off
    Pull the battery
    Re-insert the SIM
    Re-insert the battery
    Power back on.

This process should force the phone to re-connect to the network and resolve the DST battery issue. Hope it helps.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  5. borregolinda

borregolinda New Member

Ok, I did all that! Tomorrow will tell after it's charged. Thanks!
  6. borregolinda

borregolinda New Member

Worked! Thanks for the help! Although I broke a nail getting the battery out! :biggrin:
  7. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

Glad it helped!! :happy: Sorry about the nail. :icon_frown:
  8. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  9. ripper2860

ripper2860 Member

I thought a reboot would do it, however my phone battery issue persisted even though I power the phone off at night. A couple of other reputable sites mentioned removing the battery and SIM so I figured why not -- and it resolved my battery issue. Maybe coincidence. Maybe the battery pull alone did it. Just glad I'm back to all-day battery. :D