what is Go Launcher Ex

droidummie

Reaction score
I DLed the Go Launcher Ex for my GS3 and once I did.... My apps were all gone!
Am I the only one that doesn't know how to work this app?
Or what does this app do? I can't figure it out
!

Please help

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Go Launcher EX is a replacement home app - if you press your "home" key, you should see a popup which would allow you to setup and configure Go Launcher as your launcher of choice (after you select it of course)...

You should also have the option to migrate your home screens from your current launcher into Go (this won't copy widgets if I remember correctly)...

Good luck!

No.Division

Reaction score
I used Go Launcher on my DROID 2 and absolutely loved it. Tons of customization options. You just have to mess around and tweak it to your liking. Unfortunately, it's been a while since I used it. So I can't think of any tips at the moment. Good luck!

Reaction score
If you mean your home screen shortcuts are gone, that's because you need to re-organize your home screens. I love Go Launcher I use it on my s3 sometimes and always used it on my droid x. My favorite launcher app by far. And it has tons of themes and weekly updates so it is never 'buggy'. You might want to check out go locker and go sms as well for full phone customization ;)

No.Division

Reaction score
squeekybigfoot said:
I love Go Launcher I use it on my s3 sometimes and always used it on my droid x. My favorite launcher app by far.

Really is an awesome launcher. How do you like it on the sIII?

Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Really is an awesome launcher. How do you like it on the sIII?

Sent from my Galaxy sIII using Droid Forums

I love it on my S3. Incredibly smooth and fluid. Adding in Desktop Visualizer allows me to get my homescreens exactly how I like them.

Homescreen.jpg

OP
droidummie

droidummie

Reaction score
Your home screen is INSANE! Thank you all for your helpful responses!

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the launcher on my droid Bionic and I've seen it on the Galaxy Nexus. Basically a home replacement app. I've never heard of that problem before though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Not the best though

That depends on what a person is looking for. GoLauncher has far more pre-made themes available in the Play store and other places online than either Nova or Apex. It also has an entire ecosystem of other "Go" apps and widgets that all work in conjunction with GoLauncher.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
bsweetness said:
That depends on what a person is looking for. GoLauncher has far more pre-made themes available in the Play store and other places online than either Nova or Apex. It also has an entire ecosystem of other "Go" apps and widgets that all work in conjunction with GoLauncher.

That is true.. I like simple that's why I use launcher pro

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Used GoLauncher for 2 years, great launcher, required for my X2 to not suck. Only one I found worthy of replacing it was TSF Shell. Pricey, but awesome.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
That is true.. I like simple that's why I use launcher pro

I used to use Launcher Pro, but it hasn't been updated in over a year. Because of that, it doesn't work correctly with ICS or Jelly Bean. It's also way behind all of the other major launchers as far as features and options go. Supposedly the developer is rewriting it, but I'll believe it when I see it.