1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What Is "com.google.android." In Taskkiller

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by olletsocmit, Dec 27, 2009.

1. olletsocmit

olletsocmit New Member

I rooted my cell a few days ago and today decided to un-root it. I reverted my cell back to 2.0.1 (the same exact way it was b4 i rooted it in the first place). Ever after i did the root "com.google.android." has been displayed in Taskiller as a task running. I can not kill it either. "com.google.android." just runs all the time and i can not kill the app.

Does anyone know what it is and what to do??
  2. Benjamin Crist

Benjamin Crist New Member

Just curious. Why did you decide to unroot your device?
  3. allikanbe

allikanbe New Member

I googled it and found this. Maybe you can figure it out when you google it and find the rest of the info that I did not copy/paste or the right version of com.google.android

Package com.google.android.maps

The maps package allows applications to display and control a Google Map interface.