What is causing this?

megraven21

Reaction score
This is the 3rd forum I've posted this is in and haven't gotten 1 response so I'm trying again...

I just switched from a razr to a razr maxx and I gave my mom my old droid x a while ago. We have been having issues with our phones like shortcuts appearing out of nowhere, applications open up on their own (on the droid x), the cursor moves on its own or the screen scrolls by itself on the razr...

The only thing we have that I thought might be causing this is Go Launcher so I did a factory rest on the X and kept go launcher off that phone and once google play reinstalled it and ADW on my phone, I uninstalled both from the maxx. Today, when I hit the home button, I got the message asking what home I wanted, ADW or Go Launcher. Neither are even installed on my phone! Just now on the X, mom unlocked the phone, clicked the app drawer button and this message pops up. (I uploaded it but this is my first time uploading so I'm not sure if its going to work) View attachment 48330

what could be causing this? I would normally think its Go Launcher but neither of us have it installed. We do have a copy of it backed up to sd by My Backup Pro. Could that be it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mamawm

Reaction score
it does appear to be tied to go launcher. and since you do have it on your sd card thru my backup pro, that's probably where you need to start. remove it from my backup pro and get it off the sd card. let us know what happens after you do that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
delete the backup and off the sd card. Should return your phone to normal

OP
M

megraven21

Reaction score
I did and I will see if it works. So, you think thats the cause of the phones acting strange outside of the things that are obviously in relation to Go Launcher? Like the curser moving around, angry birds getting thrown all by themselves, apps opening up by themselves or the shortcuts showing up on homescreen? I am not arguing that, if that's what u are saying, just trying to figure out IF that's what u are saying.

I REALLY appreciate you 2 responding, btw. I've been getting frustrated having to repost this.

~ MRaven

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Is what you describe in your latest post what is happening on the old phone (X) or on the new phone? If its the old phone it could also be the screen going bad. Random actions seems to be a prelude to eventual screen failure. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2!