What is best cdma phone

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by mrtubz69, Dec 19, 2010.

1. mrtubz69

mrtubz69 New Member

I wanna sell my droid 2 global and get another cdma phone that verizon don't offer. Any ideas

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App
  2. gocflamedragon

gocflamedragon New Member

U cant just activate just any cdma phone on just any cdma carrier, if this was the case people would phone swap betwen sprint and verizon all the time.
  3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Not to be a party pooper here, but are you adept at reprogramming phones? Changing the APN and all that? Because if you're not, don't even think about it. It's amazing the number of people who buy Verizon phones off-contract just so they can flash them to Cricket.

Even CDMA operates on different frequencies. You'd need to research what CDMA band Verizon uses in your area, find a compatible phone, flash it over to Verizon by reprogramming the APNs and various other subroutines, then have Verizon activate the IMEI/ESN on their network -- and there's no guarantee any of this would work. You'd have no warranty, possibly quite poor service, and if you ever moved from your area to an area where Verizon used a frequency your phone couldn't handle you'd lose service.

If you're still insistent on going ahead, remember that Verizon's 4G system is incompatible with any other 4G system currently active or slated to be activated, so there's no benefit in trying for one of those, either.

What's the reason for this proposed switch, anyway?
Search tags for this page

best cdma android phone in the usa

best cdma phone

best cdma phones usa

whats the best cdma verizon phone