1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What is BASH

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by BackSeatSuicide, Apr 17, 2011.

1. BackSeatSuicide

BackSeatSuicide New Member

What is the purpose of BASH? I first saw it as a download in the fission ROM manager. From what the bit of googling I did, it sounds like it has something to do with customization

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. razorloves

razorloves New Member

basically, it's a shell used in terminal emulator that makes it easier to write scripts and commands and stuff. this would mainly be used by developers.
  3. pool_shark

pool_shark New Member

It's a Unix shell just like ksh, csh, sh.

It isn't just for developers, it's for anyone that likes the Unix command line.

I use it for moving the preinstalled apps to an alternate directory, and for moving my ringtones and notifications to the phone instead of the sdcard.

I also use it to see what apps are taking the most cpu and memory, changing the hostname of my phone, and editing the hosts file.
  4. BackSeatSuicide

BackSeatSuicide New Member

Oh I see. I actually use the terminal emulator to move stuff to sdcard as well but I didn't realize that's what BASH was. Thanks for the info bro

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

what is bash android

what is bash for android

what is bash in android