What is "Allow data access for this trip?"

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by slimjimmy75, Sep 26, 2011.

1. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it works 60 % or so like you said. Thanks for the tip!

2. phone80

phone80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any updates with this problem. I'm currently trying to resolve this as I am working in Canada right now and the pop up message is driving me to want to leave Verizon and my Droid 3.

3. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no updates. Looks like Motorola don't care. They know about this issue, it is happening on every Moto Droid, but since majority of users don't travel outside of US - they don't give a f&ck about it.
    Every time I'm in Canada I just crunch my teeth and keep clicking "Cancel" - No I don't f%#cking Allow Data access in Canada, I don't beleive that anybody wants (for $2.50/kb), why do you f#cking ask me, I already checked the box no Data access while roaming and I currently connected to WiFi (so WTF???)

Try to get rid of Moto if you still can and take HTC device (none of HTC devices infected by this stupidity)

#15 dolph27, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  4. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The fact that it happens on both Motorola phones AND the Commando seems to point at it being a problem with Android itself, and not the individual manufacturers. Maybe it's time to bug Google about getting the problem fixed, and not Motorola/Casio.

Just a thought.

5. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you investigate about this issue (check foums here and on motorola web site), you'll see that the problem reported back in 2010 and affects most Moto devices (Droid X, 2, Bionic, etc) and it was persist on Android 2.1 and 2.2. None of HTC devices affected! (so it's not Android thing)

But since most of users do not travel to Canada constantly, this issue is not considered important.
    Interesting that when you roam on GSM network with a global phones (like Droid 3) everything is fine, no messages annoy you in Europe.

This problem is limited to when you roamnig on CDMA networks (e.g. Canada, Carribbeans, etc).

6. paxchristos

paxchristos Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think this might be more of a Verizon thing than HTC...
    I used to have an HTC Aria (ATT) and our just popped up as a roaming notification when I left a service area (happened atleast once a month) but it was just that, a notification...

I did install cyanogenmod on my current phone, (Sony Ericsson Xperia Play) and when I'm running the stock (Verizon) ROM, I get the incessant pop-ups. When I'm running cyanogenmod, only a notification in the notification area.

I'm pretty sure it's just Verizon putting their stamp on Android...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

7. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's right Verizon sends notification, but it is up to ROM how it will be displayed. I had HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon) before and on this phone with stock ROM I was only getting an icon in notification area.
    On stupid Moto phones with stock (or modified ROMs based on stock) it pop-ups this stupid notification dialog (plus 2 notification icons), it hangs up the phone for 1-2 seconds, if you are in landscape mode it turn your screen to portrait mode. This f$cking dialog will stay on the screen until you acknowledge it and prevents you phone from switching screen off. Usually if I'm in Canada my phone screen is never off because of this stupidity (the battery is draining fast, i should constantly charge it). I guess for now the only advice from Moto & Verizon: "Don't go to Canada!:("

I'm desperately waiting for cyanogenmod for Droid 3 to be reliable (it's in early beta stage), I hope this ROM will solve the problem, since it is not based on stock ROM.

8. Spidette

Spidette New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I have this same problem and have called Verizon 4x about it already and each time they tell me it isn't something they
    can control. I have good service at home 3-4 bars of service and when I go to work, which is maybe 10 blocks away I have ZERO bars and the pop up happens a lot more than when at home. I've pulled the battery, reset settings and went through checking the Dara roaming setting with Verizon on another phone, yet I still get the message. It happens about every 10 minutes. And more frequently when trying to send a text. I am using an LG Enlighten. I HATE this phone. Wish I would have stayed with AT&T. The message I get is "Attention. Any data access while on a trip outside the U.S. may result in significantly higher charges. Allow data access?" sometimes I get the option to allow or cancel, while other times I do not. Has anyone found a solution?

Oh, and I live in Michigan and Verizon has told me they have a tower 10miles from my city, and I have never been to Canada or close to the border

#20 Spidette, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  9. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I live in North Carolina and still get it all the time when at home. Have to save text as draft , close and reopen text to finish. Happened 4 times to me during 1 text message and it took about 5 min to send a simple message. Sucks!:mad:

10. csharris14

csharris14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    solution

if you are trying to use your commando for wifi only ( don't have 3g service due to non-payment or cancellation, from apps select wireless & networks > mobile networks > uncheck data enabled (enable data access over mobile network)

11. dglandry

dglandry New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola Droid Turbo 2
    I am using a motorola droid turbo 2 and was having this problem on every international trip I took and tried all of the obvious solutions to no avail. Then recently I became so annoyed that I simply put my phone into airplane mode and figured I would use wifi mostly and go onto the cellular network occasionally to check for messages, etc. When I took my phone out of airplane mode, the message stopped.

Search tags for this page
allow data access android

allow data access for this trip

android allow data access
deny data roaming access

global data roaming access

global data roaming access verizon
verizon allow data access
verizon global data roaming access
verizon roaming network notification
what is global data roaming access