What is "Allow data access for this trip?"

Discussion in 'Casio G'zOne Commando' started by slimjimmy75, Sep 26, 2011.

1. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

I have this pop up all the time and I cant figure out why. Anybody know how I can stop this? Thanks
  2. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

Or does anybody know what service or app its related to at least?
  3. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

I have the same problem with Droid3. As I searched thru different forums, this problem with "Allow data access for this trip?" persists for more than 1 year since Droid2 (or X) device. This is rediculous why Motorolla can't fix it. It makes the phone really unusable in Canada (or anywhere else on foreign CDMA networks). I didn't have this on my HTC Droid Incredible (that I already miss a lot).
    Fortunatelly this problem is not exists while phone is on GSM network (Europe).

Check this link:
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/34215?start=15&tstart=0
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  4. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

If I open a song or search the web and lots of other things on my phone its constantly popping up " allow data access for this trip?" "deny data access for this trip?" "cancel" . Selecting deny or cancel closes it but it may pop up again in ten seconds. Selecting allow open a warning saying trips outside the us may have significantly higher data roaming charges. I just want it to stop.
  5. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

Tell me about it! I wonder if there is some workaround, even "dirtry" one. To get it to stop popping (I have unselecting data on roaming don't @#$@#@ ask me every time!) ... I don't believe that people could have it for at leat one year and still using those stupid Motorolas...
  6. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

Just got new "leaked" OTA update (5.7.894) for my DROID3. Same crap. "Allow data access?" pop is poping up like crazy every few minutes. I hate Motorola! The don't give a heck about this problem for over one year...

Miss my old HTC Incredible
  7. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

My son in law just got a commando too and his is doing the same thing as mine. Must be something about the area we live in if no one elses commando is doing this. sucks!!!!!!!!
  8. DaKlaxx

DaKlaxx New Member

Hit deni and the immediately lock the phone.( also try opening an app that requires internet ) When you unlock the phone if it pops up again then deni and completely shut the phone off. Please let mer know if this helps

- Brought to you by
    - DaKlaxx
  9. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

/\ I did what you said and will report the results. Just curious why you think this will help? Have you tried this or had this problem? Thanks
  10. DaKlaxx

DaKlaxx New Member

Yes I have had the problem and tried it it works about 60% of the time. Does it work for you?

- Brought to you by
    - DaKlaxx
  11. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

It may effect the frequency of it not 100% yet. I'll keep trying to test the results. I know it has to do with global data roaming ,, apparently my phone thinks im about to leave the country about every 30 minutes or so . Thanks for trying to help Daklaxx. Does any one else on here EVER see this message please let me know. Thanks
  12. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  13. slimjimmy75

slimjimmy75 New Member

I think it works 60 % or so like you said. Thanks for the tip!
  14. phone80

phone80 New Member

Any updates with this problem. I'm currently trying to resolve this as I am working in Canada right now and the pop up message is driving me to want to leave Verizon and my Droid 3.
  15. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

There is no updates. Looks like Motorola don't care. They know about this issue, it is happening on every Moto Droid, but since majority of users don't travel outside of US - they don't give a f&ck about it.
    Every time I'm in Canada I just crunch my teeth and keep clicking "Cancel" - No I don't f%#cking Allow Data access in Canada, I don't beleive that anybody wants (for $2.50/kb), why do you f#cking ask me, I already checked the box no Data access while roaming and I currently connected to WiFi (so WTF???)

Try to get rid of Moto if you still can and take HTC device (none of HTC devices infected by this stupidity)
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  16. Alcapwn89

Alcapwn89 New Member

The fact that it happens on both Motorola phones AND the Commando seems to point at it being a problem with Android itself, and not the individual manufacturers. Maybe it's time to bug Google about getting the problem fixed, and not Motorola/Casio.

Just a thought.
  17. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

If you investigate about this issue (check foums here and on motorola web site), you'll see that the problem reported back in 2010 and affects most Moto devices (Droid X, 2, Bionic, etc) and it was persist on Android 2.1 and 2.2. None of HTC devices affected! (so it's not Android thing)

But since most of users do not travel to Canada constantly, this issue is not considered important.
    Interesting that when you roam on GSM network with a global phones (like Droid 3) everything is fine, no messages annoy you in Europe.

This problem is limited to when you roamnig on CDMA networks (e.g. Canada, Carribbeans, etc).
  18. paxchristos

paxchristos New Member

I think this might be more of a Verizon thing than HTC...
    I used to have an HTC Aria (ATT) and our just popped up as a roaming notification when I left a service area (happened atleast once a month) but it was just that, a notification...

I did install cyanogenmod on my current phone, (Sony Ericsson Xperia Play) and when I'm running the stock (Verizon) ROM, I get the incessant pop-ups. When I'm running cyanogenmod, only a notification in the notification area.

I'm pretty sure it's just Verizon putting their stamp on Android...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
  19. dolph27

dolph27 New Member

That's right Verizon sends notification, but it is up to ROM how it will be displayed. I had HTC Droid Incredible (Verizon) before and on this phone with stock ROM I was only getting an icon in notification area.
    On stupid Moto phones with stock (or modified ROMs based on stock) it pop-ups this stupid notification dialog (plus 2 notification icons), it hangs up the phone for 1-2 seconds, if you are in landscape mode it turn your screen to portrait mode. This f$cking dialog will stay on the screen until you acknowledge it and prevents you phone from switching screen off. Usually if I'm in Canada my phone screen is never off because of this stupidity (the battery is draining fast, i should constantly charge it). I guess for now the only advice from Moto & Verizon: "Don't go to Canada!:("

I'm desperately waiting for cyanogenmod for Droid 3 to be reliable (it's in early beta stage), I hope this ROM will solve the problem, since it is not based on stock ROM.
  20. Spidette

Spidette New Member

I have this same problem and have called Verizon 4x about it already and each time they tell me it isn't something they
    can control. I have good service at home 3-4 bars of service and when I go to work, which is maybe 10 blocks away I have ZERO bars and the pop up happens a lot more than when at home. I've pulled the battery, reset settings and went through checking the Dara roaming setting with Verizon on another phone, yet I still get the message. It happens about every 10 minutes. And more frequently when trying to send a text. I am using an LG Enlighten. I HATE this phone. Wish I would have stayed with AT&T. The message I get is "Attention. Any data access while on a trip outside the U.S. may result in significantly higher charges. Allow data access?" sometimes I get the option to allow or cancel, while other times I do not. Has anyone found a solution?

Oh, and I live in Michigan and Verizon has told me they have a tower 10miles from my city, and I have never been to Canada or close to the border
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
Search tags for this page
allow data access android

allow data access for this trip

allow data access message
android allow data access
deny data access for this trip samsung galaxy 3
deny data roaming access

global data roaming access

global data roaming access verizon
verizon allow data access
verizon global data roaming access