What is 5.7.893?

helpdeskmonkey

Reaction score
I thought "the" Bionic leaked OTA update was 5.5.893?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

mrmota

Reaction score
True. The one that initially broke WebTop.

Correct but if you were bleeding edge and already on 5.5.893 according to info out there the upgrade path you had to take would eventually force you to take that misstep and break webtop to get to fully functional 5.7.893. If your on stock .886 then running the all in one package will put you at 5.7.893. Just root before and confirm each update is maininting root before moving to the next package. Also I've heard to stay away from 5.7.894. Its purpose apperantly is just to remove root from an updated fully working 5.7.893 phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
can either of you claim it helped the data problem? I'm seeing so many mixed reviews on if those helped data connectivity, I'm just curious more than anything else...

mrmota

Reaction score
can either of you claim it helped the data problem? I'm seeing so many mixed reviews on if those helped data connectivity, I'm just curious more than anything else...

So far switching from 3g/4g is much better and except for one freak out connectivity has definately improved. The one issue occured in a building that is notorious about data drops however. Wife may have been to impatient and defaulted to airplaining data and cycling power. You could just wait for the official OTA that may not happen until next month at the earliest... Good Luck

bigtex52

Reaction score
It seemed to help mine, but I hear that big red was tweaking 4G at the same time. Seemed to improve things.

bigtex52

Reaction score
So far switching from 3g/4g is much better and except for one freak out connectivity has definately improved. The one issue occured in a building that is notorious about data drops however. Wife may have been to impatient and defaulted to airplaining data and cycling power. You could just wait for the official OTA that may not happen until next month at the earliest... Good Luck

You should see ota rolling out before this month's end barring unforeseen problems.