What is "08 00 00 1C"?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by thinkmega, Jul 17, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If we need to change text color, we would have to change the BGRA code in the corresponding compiled xml file preceded with "08 00 00 1C". What does this stand for? I remember seeing one of the posts mentioned "08 00 00 1D" in some situation. I'd like to get a better understanding about what we are looking for, as opposed to mechanically make the change.

Any idea what "08 00 00 1C" is about? Please share your insights.

Thanks!

2. erikfig

erikfig Member

Ratings:
    +0

Check out this post from THEBOWERS, he is one of the gurus for this kind of stuff. The way I change mines is using Ninjamorph from the market. This crazy stuff are to much for me:icon_eek:.. Check out my attachments so you can have an idea of things to change, int hose pictures I changed the 3G signal icons and the progress bar.

With NM I import my xml from different themes ans it works great. I have 3 themes in one.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/60280-theming-guide-progress-bar.html#post640873

Attached Files:

3. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    08 00 00 1c, 08 00 00 1d, refer to a true color attribute. Another words the the following hex string is in hex color format. I don't know what they stand for just that every color code is proceeded by them.

08 00 00 01, 08 00 00 02, refer to a id of a color value in another xml. Usually the other xml is the colors.xml in the values folder. The ids of these color values are located in the public.xml in the values folder.

Of course you can't see any of this unless you use apktool.jar and axmlprinter2.jar

4. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could these numbers be created by the compiler? I was thinking if they have some specific meanings in the source code. I can see "android:textColor="#ff000000" inside of the status_bar.xml, but I can't say 08 00 00 1C is ... android:textColor, or textColor. I was trying to get a better understand about this.

Another side question, probably should be in its post, is what is the best way to decompile the xml binary? I heard AXMLPrinter2 can do it but I can't make it work in 2.2.

5. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You can use apktool.jar to decompile the .apk. Works just fine on 2.2

6. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's a very useful tool! Thank you.

Search tags for this page