What iPhone/BB apps does Android NOT have?

veggiop

Reaction score
Just wonderin if anyone is aware of any must have iPhone/BB apps that are not available (or a reasonably comparable app) and why are they not available to us (hardware or drm issues for instance). Netflix is the obvious example.
I have never used an iPhone/BB but was wondering if we're missing anything over the other platforms.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there's a lot of things that we're missing from the iphone marketplace but we're definitely catching up. i know there's a lot but nothing pops to mind right now.

qman66

Reaction score
theres an app called iphone top charts in the market. check it out

Beka27

Reaction score
"Must have" is very subjective. Is there a particular app you are needing/wanting?

Reaction score
Blackberry users have BBM. A lot of people that switch from blackberry to other smartphones always complain of missing it.

I don't think there's anything at all that great about it, to my understanding its just an enhanced instant messaging service that happens to be ubiquitious.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

BMWBig6

Reaction score
Blackberry users have BBM. A lot of people that switch from blackberry to other smartphones always complain of missing it.

I don't think there's anything at all that great about it, to my understanding its just an enhanced instant messaging service that happens to be ubiquitious.

I thought I read a few weeks ago that RIM was going to open up BBM to other platforms. Maybe that was just speculation or a hoax, but I swear I read it recently.

qman66

Reaction score

I thought I read a few weeks ago that RIM was going to open up BBM to other platforms. Maybe that was just speculation or a hoax, but I swear I read it recently.
yea i read that too.

DroidToro

Reaction score
There was a nice app on bb called webmessenger messagealerts. It gave me some pretty granular alerting features such that I could have different ringtones for different calling numbers,sms,mail recipents,mail keywords,etc. There was another app that also let you have different led light patterns for some emails. All in all, i liked android more but there are stilll a few things bb did better.

GINGER Droid X

jwalz

Reaction score
There's an app called android screen lock I do believe the iphone has n I have not been able to find it in our market or anytin comparable. Its similar to our connect dots to unlock ur phone in ur setting but there's doesn't hav any dots

matjmonk

Reaction score
Two of the best BB apps that have no DX equivilents are BerryWeather and BerryBuzz. BBWeather has the ability to provide custom weather alerts that are much more specific than the ones I've seen for the Weather Channel or Fancy Widgets applications plus it would let you add custom radar/weather radio URL's. BerryBuzz was great in that it allowed custom LED colors for different contacts, message types, system events. I really miss the Berry apps but I don't miss the BB Storm!

valnar

Reaction score
Cisco AnyConnect
Carcassone
Settlers of Catan

My Droid is very much missing these compared to my iPhone counterparts.

Goldwinger

Reaction score
There were a couple of BB apps that allowed you to take an email and turn it into a task or a calendar event. Being in business with my DX, that's the app I miss the most.

Sometimes you receive and email when you're out of the office and you want to set a calendar reminder or a task to act upon the content of the email, the BB program would take the email and put it in the calendar or task notes section. Pretty handy.

I've yet to find anything in the Market or elsewhere that resembles those features. If you know of one, my wallet is out and ready. :icon_ banana: