What insurance would cover this?

Vmax

Reaction score
I just got a android, and am thinking I might want to get insurance coverage for it. I like to mountain bike, and I carry my phone with me. I could imagine my self crashing and damaging the phone, possibly even cracking the glass. Would this type of incident be covered, or would this be considered misuse?

Also, it seems that everyone says that the coverage through Verizon is $7.99/mo. From the website I see that insurance is actually $6.00/mo, and the extended warranty is $1.99/mo. I don't really think the extended warranty is needed, since 99% of manufacuring defects show up well before the 1 year manufacturer warranty. Any comments on this?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the insurance through asurion for 6$ a month and not the extended warranty. As for your situation my understanding is if its broken and you're willing to pay the deductible they don't care all that much.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
V

Vmax

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. Seems like the verizon/assurion is the easiest easy to go.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
V

Vmax

Reaction score
I bought my phone from best buy, and noticed in the box was a sheet mentioning the best buy black tie protection. No price or much information. Anyone have experience with this type of insurance?

memnv

Reaction score
My friend had the best buy protection for his iphone and all they did was send it in for repair and gave him a crappy replacement while it was being repaired.go with verizons insurance its better

Aiesline

Reaction score
A Square trade warranty is worth looking into as well. Android Warranty

It's $99 up front for 2 years of coverage. They will either replace your phone with the exact same model of phone or if your model is no longer availible give you back the cash value of your phone so you can buy what you want. It's a good deal in my humble opinion.

OP
V

Vmax

Reaction score
Okay, so the best buy isn't so hot, and square trade doesn't cover lost or theft. The verizon does cover lost or theft, right?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Yeah Verizon/Asurion covers lost or theft. So, its always nice to have that security incase someone tries to steal our precious phones!

OP
V

Vmax

Reaction score
... or I get absent minded and leave it on the table at a restaurant (I'm sure that would never happen again)!