What information remains on a dead Droid?

DebbyDiver

Reaction score
I have an original Droid that I can't use anymore. It is a Verizon droid and I moved to a little island where the only service available is AT&T...I now have an Atrix 4G. I kept the original Droid when I moved here so I could use it as a wireless device, but I dropped it and while the screen did not crack, I can no longer swipe it to use it. In other words, I can see my wallpaper and the unlock and mute icons, but the screen won't respond to touch. So, I want to throw it away but I'm concerned about personal information that could be on it.

Is removing the sim card before throwing it away sufficient or do I need to take a hammer to it and totally destroy it?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
D

DebbyDiver

Reaction score
Larson, are you saying that information stays on the Droid with the sim card out, or are you being facetious?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
The internal memory of your device will still hold information as will the micro SD card that you may have inserted into the device. If you cannot reset your device to the 'factory' clean condition I would hammer away and remove any memory chip you may fine or if you find no memory chip then hammer the devices mother board to bits.

Dave Lister

Reaction score
Boot the phone into recovery and do a factory reset through there. Recovery uses the volume and power buttons to navigate, not the touch screen.