1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What I am missing on my beloved droid?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by AndrewDroid, Nov 19, 2009.

1. AndrewDroid

AndrewDroid New Member

Came from Windows CE world. Will never go back.

I love my Droid, but I am still missing the following few things:

#1 I would love to be able to fit an entire day or and entire week of my calendars to my screen. I hate having to scroll up and down on every day or every week to see what time slot is available.

#2 when I go to contacts, I would like the screen to default to search screen so i can find my contact with pressing a few letters. It would also be nice if I could use the on screen keyboard in Landscape mode

#3 Corporate/Exchange contacts and appointments has many different fields and features in Microsoft. would be nice to have Droid match Microsoft Exchange fields.

#4 like the favorites contact feature, but also would like to be able to assign most called numbers to my phone buttons (1 through 9 as shortcut i.e. hold #1 to call office).

#5 Call me crazy, but I am a stylus addict. Any way I could use an Stylus with Synaptic Touchpad screen?

#6 need a keyboard replacement with raised larger keys and without the big bad button on the right taking up all the nice space

#7 Three homepages are good, but why not add more if you can?

#8 This phone needs a dock with an 11" screen ,full size Keyboard, and additional battery power so you can turn it into a limited Netbook computer for heavy emailing and such.:) I think the OS and the CPU are good enough to handle this.
  2. iiimegamaniii

iiimegamaniii New Member

#7 - I'm sure there will be an app which will give'ya more here in the next couple of months. In the meantime, use Folders--I just did myself a couple days ago to clean up my screens.

#8 - If the phone remains popular enough I wouldn't be surprised to see these things pop up soon. Going to be interesting to see how many DROIDS appear in Christmas stockings.

- Mega
  3. sqchram

sqchram New Member

+1 here too
  4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

There are several home replacement apps (ahome, openhome, etc) that do this already.
  5. bernilynn

bernilynn New Member

Amazon has a whole selection of styli designed to work with a touch screen.
  6. smokinfish

smokinfish New Member

#4 like the favorites contact feature, but also would like to be able to assign most called numbers to my phone buttons (1 through 9 as shortcut i.e. hold #1 to call office).

If you long press the screen you can go to Shortcuts Direct Dial pick the number and it places it on your screen. You now have 1 touch dialing without having to go into the phone app at all. You can also set it up for a number of things.

That was my work around.

Hope it helps
Search tags for this page

am missing my android quote