What have you found ICS has improved the most for you ?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a bugs thread, a battery thread, a should I thread but I haven't seen a best thing thread yet.
The phone is snappier, boot up time is measured in seconds instead of seemingly hours (5 minutes is not cool ), a few new features, etc BUT my opinion of most improved is the music player. The phone was marketted as a getto blaster that makes calls but the music player sounded like a cheap car stereo in your grandmas old Buick Skylark that is trying to act like it has a Punch amp attached. I tried everything on the stock player and Power Amp, many headphones and never could get any volume without terrible distortion. Because of this I had only a few songs and rarely used it for music, use my Inc1 instead. Tonight I plugged my headphones into the Rezound by mistake and Power Amp is set to start when I plug in my headphones so I got a taste of the new music experience.
Just WOW what a difference! Bass is tight and clean, voices clear and natural, highs crisp and sharp without over powering the experience. I put on some Escala (I don't know what genre to call them), some gospel, some jazz,a bunch of old 80s stuff, a couple of classical numbers to put it through the paces and was very impressed. I tried Beats on and off and no distortion on either even in heavy bassed parts with my volume cranked over 75%. Power Amp has turned back into the Power Amp I'm used to. I haven't tried the stock player and probably won't bother to unless it's just out of curiosity.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

sp3ar2envi

Reaction score
That I can actually swipe away notifications

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Excellent idea for a thread mountainbikermark. Many people will also discover some things they were not aware of yet. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Snoking

Reaction score
Folders on home screens are cool. Just drag one app to another to create the folder. Add additional apps as desired.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've been using Go Launcher since I had my Dinc 1 because Sense 3.5 was OK but not great. So the other day I decided to give Sense 3.6 a shot. I really like it. Some of the features GL had Sense now has, like folders & customizing the dock bar. I like that. GL still has way more options but I'm going to try Sense out for a while. Freezing bloat is still my favorite ICS upgrade along with the smooth, fluid response of the phone. I couldn't be happier with this phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

Reaction score
There are so many things that are a clear step up, but to me its got to be the much improved voice recognition, its absolutely amazing now! I feel like I can talk for 5 min and it correctly picks up every word. It's awesome!

corki2

Reaction score
I love being able to put folders on the dock.

Sent from my Rezound

alpinewil81

Reaction score
Good idea for the benefits thread. My ReZound is rooted with super user custom rom and the whole nine yards. I recognize having what I believe is about the same privileges as mentioned herein but like hearing from others. I don't plan on using the ics and plan on freezing the update. But knowing the benefits of others' experiences is great. Keep it up everybody!!!:p

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Go Launcher.....Fast!!!

I already use Go Launcher, so I'm not interested in any aesthetic changes ICS has to offer. The number one benefit I can see is that now home screen transitions in Go Launcher are now blazing fast and super smooth. I can finally use "Sphere" and "Cylinder". Also, the much faster boot time is much appreciated.

RH

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Voice recognition. No question. It has been flawless so far.
Once, I forgot to hit "done" after I was finished talking, and I turned to my wife to say something, and I looked back at my phone and it had picked all of that up as well...without one mistake.
Very impressive.

Kelbee

Reaction score
I'm not really sure if this is a new thing but I can now make my own ring tones cutting from the music I have downloaded on my phone. That's pretty sweet. No ring tone maker app needed. :)