What have YOU done with Tasker?

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by 25cents, Aug 3, 2010.

1. chayes627

chayes627 Member

Ratings:
    +0

so this isnt working for me. now sure how else to code it. any ideas?

2. Flowah

Flowah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to make it so Tasker will turn on the GPS when i turn on Google Maps, and turn off the GPS when I close out. Any help?

3. Danariel

Danariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, I have several programs that will trigger GPS. I set up the context as the program (BuddyRunner, Compass, Maps, Navigation, and Places are all set up like this) then hit the plus button, choose Misc>GPS>Set>On>Done>Done. Then, in the list view where you can see all your profiles, you press on the task (quick press, not long press) and Task Options comes up. Choose Add Exit Task>Misc>GPS>Set>Off>Done>Done. To make sure it closes GPS, you have to use the back button, not the Home key.

To do multiple programs like this, you do the first one, clone it, and edit the context to the next program.

4. Flowah

Flowah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude, you rock. That is awesome.

5. madslackin

madslackin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Keyboard open - open application

Open the Keyboard and Start Texting - Tasker Wiki

Has anyone gotten this to work? This would seem like a rather simple function but I'm having trouble. The logic is that when %SCREEN is off and I open the keyboard, it should turn off the keyguard and open my messaging app. Well, installed as it's listed in the wiki, it doesn't do anything when I open the keyboard if the screen is off and the keyboard is closed.

So I thought maybe the %SCREEN variable gets set to on before the keyboard open event gets set, so I figured I could key this off the %KEYG variable. If the keyguard is on and I open the keyboard, I want it to turn the keyguard off and open my messaging app. That DOES work, but it seems to ignore the keyguard part of it and it opens the messaging app when I open the keyboard regardless of whether the keyguard was on or not.

I have a state profile that goes like this:

Keyboard Out ->
    Variable Set Name %KBOUTMSG To on If %KEYG ~ on
    Keyguard Set Off If %KBOUTMSG ~ on
    Load App App Messaging If %KBOUTMSG ~ on
    Variable Clear Name %KBOUTMSG

Obviously the issue is with the "If %KEYG ~on" condition -- it seems to ignore it and it sets %KBOUTMSG to 'on' regardless of keyguard state.

Any ideas?

6. N0S4ATU

N0S4ATU New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have given a cursory look through Tasker and I see you can change LED notification colors, but is it possible to change them to say Blue for Text message, Green for home email notification, and Red to notify you of a work related email? I'd like to have a different color LED flash for each notification so that I can tell whether or not I need to respond immediately without even picking up the phone.

If this is possible, is there a write up somewhere, because I'm totally clueless when it comes to doing this and it's only the second day I've had my X.

Thanks all.

7. myth90045

myth90045 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How did you by pass the "pop up message GPS Disabled. Enable?"
    I did this profile with the navigation. With GPS off, i turned navigation on, and the GPS should turn on also. but when Navi turns on, it gives me the pop up telling me GPS is off, would you like to turn on? Any way to avoid this pop up?

8. Danariel

Danariel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Droid Incredible, and I don't get that pop-up. I wonder if that's a Motorola thing? I got that pop-up before I did the profile, but not after. Perhaps try contacting the developer, or posting on their forums? I'm sure there have been other Droid X users trying this...

9. Hiroller173

Hiroller173 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I love the power of scripting languages...

My task seems really simple - when I unlock the screen, I want the notification bar to automatically pull down. The challenge is that I don't know exactly what the notification bar is - is it an application? If so, how do I access it; if not, is there a way that Tasker can pull it down?

TIA.

10. dale3h

dale3h New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wrote this article after spending a long time trying to figure it out myself: Wifi Tether - Tasker Wiki

Hope it's what you're looking for!

11. 25PSi

25PSi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Menu pops up list of tasks with no names of theirs. I do put names in but it does not pick it up somehow. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance this would be really helpful to me :)

#107 25PSi, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  12. JoeKacz

JoeKacz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't looked at the wiki, but I was able to get this to work by simply using

Context:
    State -> Keyboard Out

Actions:
    Display -> Keyguard -> Off
    App -> Load App -> Messaging

No variables needed. Works when the phone is locked and screen off.

#108 JoeKacz, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
Search tags for this page

android tasker examples

best tasker profiles
tasker android examples

tasker examples

tasker flashlight
tasker force close app
tasker profile examples
tasker random ringtone
tasker sleep timer