Reaction score
Zeroforum,
At the end of your script set a variable %KEYGUARD to 1

Start a new profile
Context - Display - Screen unlocked
Task - Display - keyguard off - if %KEYGUARD matches 1
Task - Variable - Set Variable - %KEYGUARD to 0

Awesome, that worked great - thanks.

One thing though, how do I set it to Lock like I pushed the power key on the top left? The only Lock I can find has me typing a numeric password to unlock, not the Keyboard Pattern.

The following profiles check every 15 minutes and connect me to my home router if it is in range. It will also disable wifi whenever I disconnect from my current connection whether it be at home or at a Starbucks.

Profile Home Wifi
Context
Wifi Near
SSID: myroutername
toggle wifi checked
Task(s)
Wifi On

Profile Wifi Connected
Context
Wifi Connected
Task
Profile Status "Wifi Disconnect" on

Profile Wifi Disconnect
Context
Wifi Connected invert
Task
Wifi off
Profile Status "Wifi Disconnect" off

Profile Home Wifi Checker
Context Time every 15 minutes
Task Profile Status "Home Wifi" On
Task Wait 30 seconds
Task Profile Status "Home Wifi" Off

Also, can someone tell me how to set the Profile Status "Wifi Disconnect" part bolded above? Is this supposed to refer to another profile? Not sure how to set this within a Task. Thanks.

calicocal

Reaction score
Is there a way to make any of the SMS stuff work with google voice?

Also is K9 email the only email app that works with tasker?

Last edited:

rolltide

Reaction score
I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to have Tasker turn off my Wifi between the hours of 12:30am - 7:00am IF my screen is off. I can get it to turn off Wifi in that time frame without setting a variable but when I add the variable SCREEN ~ OFF it won't turn off. I'm going mad here. Any ideas? Thanks!

Last edited:

dfBaud

Reaction score
@rolltide: I think you'll have to post your profiles and tasks to get help with this.

rolltide

Reaction score
I actually got it figured out. But now I'm questioning if it's worth it. I'm still pretty new to this. Do you think it actually preserves the battery to have WiFi and GPS shut off when the screen goes off? Is there any reason I wouldn't want to do that? I guess the 3G connection handles any data requests when Wifi goes off, but does that use significantly less power than WiFi? Forgive me if this is the incorrect forum to post this question.

Thanks! :icon_ banana:

whatllitbenext

Reaction score
Hey 25cents --

awesome work!

I'm a bit daft, 'tho, 'cause I'm just getting a Google Voice SMS that says "%batt %loc".

I added a 1 minute wait before "compose sms".

Any ideas?

TIA!

mazzthepianoman

Reaction score
Also, can someone tell me how to set the Profile Status "Wifi Disconnect" part bolded above? Is this supposed to refer to another profile? Not sure how to set this within a Task. Thanks.

The task is in the tasker section and is called "Profile Status". Basically it allows you to enable/disable profiles.

However my Tasker script needs some revisions because I discovered that disabling a profile reverts the settings (in other words disabling the Wifi Near profile often turns wifi back off). To get around this actions you want to remain after disabled the profile should be made into separate named tasks and executed with the Tasker task "Perform Task".

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Anyone know a plug-in that lets you toggle when the phone uses Google voice to make calls, or uses the main number?

Everyone I work with has my GV number, so at work I want it to default to the GV for outbound calls. But when I'm at home, I want to use my VZW number. I tried the "Locale Google Voice Set Plug", but it doesn't seem to have the ability to toggle the calling mode, unless I'm missing something.

Also, setting it to use GV on wi-fi would save me some minutes.

TIA!!

Also, I won't ask for help without offering something. It might have been posted but here's a profile to offer:

Flip to silence: (turn the phone on the screen, and it's silent. Great for meetings)

Trigger:
Orientation is Face Down

Task:
Silent Mode: ON

Exit Task:
Silent Mode: Off

Also to turn off interrupting notifications when music is playing:

Trigger:
Application on: Rhapsody / Pandora / etc.

Task:
Notification volume = 0.

Exit Task: Notification Volume = 5 (or whatever value you like for default)

jaba14

Reaction score
I must be missing something here. Android does this by default. My droid is set up to use wi-fi at home and at work, everywhere else it uses 3g. It switches automatically when I'm in range of the networks. I suspect you might be doing this because you don't want the w-fi service running all the time? I let wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, (all services) run 24/7. If they're not needed by an app, they don't use any battery. Why all the effort to duplicate what Android does just fine on it's own?

And how does Android know when you are home to reconnect to the memorized router SSID? Wifi is powered and searching which is why I want to power it off when I am away from home. I have 10 IMAP folders running IDLE push so I need to conserve my battery when I can to make it through the day.

I revised my method since it was toggling the wifi on every time I unlock the screen even though I was setting a 10 minute cooldown.

The following profiles check every 15 minutes and connect me to my home router if it is in range. It will also disable wifi whenever I disconnect from my current connection whether it be at home or at a Starbucks.

Profile Home Wifi
Context
Wifi Near
SSID: myroutername
toggle wifi checked
Task(s)
Wifi On

Profile Wifi Connected
Context
Wifi Connected
Task
Profile Status "Wifi Disconnect" on

Profile Wifi Disconnect
Context
Wifi Connected invert
Task
Wifi off
Profile Status "Wifi Disconnect" off

Profile Home Wifi Checker
Context Time every 15 minutes
Task Profile Status "Home Wifi" On
Task Wait 30 seconds
Task Profile Status "Home Wifi" Off

Hi Matt - I used this profile, but for some reason, my Wifi is not staying connected even when I'm sitting in the same spot 5 feet from the router. Any thoughts as to what the issue might be? When I look at my profiles, "Home Wifi" and "Wifi disconnect" have disabled red circles next to them, even though I've enabled them.

Thanks.
-jaba

Edit: Oops, just saw your post above where you say you need to revise your profiles.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
OK...this is my biggest question. How does this effect your battery life? I got lucky and won a copy off of Android Police and I have some basic ideas but my biggest concern is for the battery usage. For my GPS profiles for work and home to be accurate I need it to check fairly often as I don't want to be home for an hour and forget to turn my volume up or connect to wifi. I thought about doing time constraints instead but what about when I am on vacation or take a day off. can you easily override those for those days so it doesn't keep converting back? I am very noob to this program and honestly will be doing the basics but I don't want to sacrifice battery for something that takes me 2 seconds to do manually. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Some new things I have done.

I have the Navy Bells profile (on the tasker wiki) running and I have it store the current %volm to %med and reset the volume back to %med when its done.

I created two widgets, one mutes and stores the set volumes to variables, another unmutes and restores those volumes.

I have it ask if I want to disable gps or not after I disconnect from the car dock.

I auto mute and turn on wifi during class hours and vice versa when class is over ( I am a part time student so I am only on campus for a couple hours.

When I open my tracks I only have it enable the GPS if the headphones are plugged in. That way I save battery power if I am only checking my stats.

When I get home I set a varible to 1 (location based) and turn Wifi on. MY house is large and I lose connection sometimes in the bedroom. I don't have it turn off wifi unless I am disconnected and the variable is cleared by leaving the house.

I like to listen to my phone when I drive so when docked and after the bluetooth connects (this way in case my dock gets in my wife's car none of this activates unless it connects to my car's bluetooth) I have it set the media volume to 15 so I have a set level that it inputs through the aux. jack and can adjust the volume with my steering wheel controls.

I'm thinking of getting rid of AppAlarm and using tasker for its functions as well.

Still waiting for Google Voice integration because I don't have a txt plan.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
OK...this is my biggest question. How does this effect your battery life? I got lucky and won a copy off of Android Police and I have some basic ideas but my biggest concern is for the battery usage. For my GPS profiles for work and home to be accurate I need it to check fairly often as I don't want to be home for an hour and forget to turn my volume up or connect to wifi. I thought about doing time constraints instead but what about when I am on vacation or take a day off. can you easily override those for those days so it doesn't keep converting back? I am very noob to this program and honestly will be doing the basics but I don't want to sacrifice battery for something that takes me 2 seconds to do manually. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

If I am not playing video games, I get a full days use out of my phone with one over night charge.

If you have a dock you can have it turn GPS on when you get in your car and off when you get out and have it load maps and it will set the conditions you need when you arrive at the locations you specify. It doesn't need to keep polling the GPS once you are at a destination. At least that's how I do it.

NebulaOcton

Reaction score
Awesome, that worked great - thanks.

One thing though, how do I set it to Lock like I pushed the power key on the top left? The only Lock I can find has me typing a numeric password to unlock, not the Keyboard Pattern.

The only thing I can think of is that you don't have the right lock set in your settings.

Goto settings in your app drawer then location and security settings

Then set up screen lock then pattern and follow the instructions.

I am assuming that this isn't something that only applies to the ROM I am using though.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Wow all of these are great!

I am still having trouble understanding though.

I want to have the orientation of the screen stay length ways
while im in the navigation mode.

When am driving and I have my phone in my lap and go over a
bump the phone changes the way it displays the navigation and
I have to pick it up and shake it so it will go back to length from width.

Thanks in advance guys. :)