What have I done...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ksarauer, Feb 5, 2010.

1. ksarauer

ksarauer New Member

I decided to hack my phone, and go with sholes 2.0.2. I went here Sholes and did the following...
    -On your Droid, go to Settings > Applications > Make sure “Unknown Sources” is checked.
    -Open the Browser on your Droid, go to this website: http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.apk
    -It will download the APK, when it’s done, tap it and it will ask to install it. (You do not need to wipe data)
    -After it’s done installing, open the app, and follow the instructions to root (if you’re not rooted), update sprecovery, and install the ROM!

I rebooted, held down X, bot into the Android System Recovery menu and selected the apply sdcard:update.zip.

I did all this without creating a nandroid backup. It didn't dawn on me until I go this far. Have I gone to far? Is there anyway for me to get a good nandroid backup?
  2. ksarauer

ksarauer New Member

Just a couple words for myself... Read The Manual.

It wasn't until I got to the end to know that all this was needed to go the backup!
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah man you hadn't even installed SPRecovery yet!! You can't even make a nandroid backup if you don't have SPRecovery...
  4. baniels

baniels New Member

I am certain that the SMUpdater took care of making a Nandroid backup for me.

I don't see why it wouldn't do that for you.
  5. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

The easiest way to see if you did get a nadroid of your prior system during installation is explore your sd card for a folder called nandroid. Then look inside this folder for another folder that is named "bdmrs-xxxx-yyy" or something similar. I can't imagine that the sholes guys would not make this automatic during installation.

Craig
  6. Phoxus

Phoxus New Member

The updater isn't dumb it does everything for you including nandroid backup.

run it, download, reboot, follow instructions, reboot again, run smupdater, choose B*tching Baegel, flash img, reboot, allow everything that needs admin permission like wireless tether a chance (wireless tether forces a reboot don't freak out)

After all that go to market, download SetCPU

WAHLAH!

AMAZING up to 1ghz (i prefer 800) 5 screens (make sure you set launcher as default) and your phone is smooth sailing.

A STRONG SUGGESTION HOWEVER TO ALL: DON'T REMOVE CARDOCK MODE OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED. It has been giving people with google maps a huge issue.

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND KEEPING IT
  7. Matth3w

Matth3w New Member

Fort Huachuca, AZ (Originally from Pittsburgh, PA)
    One thing I would suggest, and I'm pretty sure you learned this lesson already out of panic, but you need to read FULLY and research FULLY BEFORE attempting things like this so you don't freak out.
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Don't forget to set profiles on SetCPU. It's important to do this and I didn't find out until later. For settings, come back and ask. We all have different recommendations.