What happens when you run out of internal memory

lwags67

Reaction score
Since access to the SD card is prohibited, except for manually transferring pictures, etc., what happens when you run out of internal memory?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My understanding is that its not prohibited. The app using the SD Card has to be the "owner" of the folder it is using...if it is...it can use the SD card. I have several apps that use the SDCard as storage and they work just fine with KK. Apps just can't read / write to anywhere on the card anymore, buy can still use "their" assigned storage folders. But...to answer your question > when internal memory fills you get all kinds of pop ups telling you and some apps are no longer use able. Happens to my kids about twice a year and the phone is just "whacky" for lack of a better term. My camera app still saves to SD, Cam Scanner, Cam Card, etc. The only thing I have found that will not save directly to SD card is a new file / document with Quick Office. But it will save directly to Drive...good enough for me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Thanks. About 3 months away from an upgrade. Will probably go to an S5 with 16gb memory. With another 16gb sd card should be good to go. Daughter has an S4, previously a d2g. The speed and quality of the pictures is something else. The larger size is good for us older folks.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
S5 is a good choice. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks. About 3 months away from an upgrade. Will probably go to an S5 with 16gb memory. With another 16gb sd card should be good to go. Daughter has an S4, previously a d2g. The speed and quality of the pictures is something else. The larger size is good for us older folks.

You are welcome. Hope you enjoy whatever you end up with next. Phones are a lot like cars....there is no "one model fits all". You just have to find one that suits your needs & makes you happy. That's all that really matters.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk