1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What happens when 2.2 comes out and I'm rooted?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sabiancym, May 10, 2010.

1. Sabiancym

Sabiancym New Member

I came here about a week after I got my moto droid, followed a guide to rooting and installing bugless beast and haven't really messed with anything else. The 2.1 update wasn't a big deal, because I basically already had 2.1 when I installed bugless beast.

But what is going to happen when 2.2 is released and flash support is added? Am I going to have to revert to stock to be able to use flash?

I've been thinking about resetting the phone anyway due to the extremely poor battery life I get and heard that stock 2.1 had great improvements in that area.

Thanks
  2. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

it will be rooted one way or another. you can wait for a rooted 2.x or do the OTA and then change when the rooted version comes out.
  3. Sabiancym

Sabiancym New Member

So I'll be able to go from my current pre 2.1 root to a 2.2 root without having to download any OTA updates?
  4. B-Unit

B-Unit New Member

You will have to wait until either a pre-rooted OTA2.2 or a custom 2.2 ROM is released, but yes, there would be no need to revert to a stock setup in between.
  5. verian

verian Guest

I would guess will have 2.2 before the ota comes out