What happens to apps if you say; get a new phone?

XIIGage

Reaction score
Lets say I have a bunch of apps i paid for from the andoird market and my phone breaks. Is there a website or something that has all the apps I already bought saved so I can just re-download them? I'm asking because I know apple just has iTunes that lets you buy apps, etc there and then sync it with your phone so you never lose the apps, etc. any help is really appreciated =)

Jedijesus95

Reaction score
All you do is go to the Market on your new phone and select downloads. That should show all of your paid downloads and you can re-download.

Trip

Reaction score
Yeah, all the apps in the app store are tied to your google account, so if you get a new phone, when you set it up with your google account you will have access to all your paid apps in the store automatically.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum XII :D

it's a good idea to keep a backup handy too (just in case). i use astro file manager AND mybackuppro. that way ALL your apps are there and you can pick and choose what and when you want. mybackuppro has the option to save to your computer rather than your sdcard just in case your phone is stolen too.

OP
X

XIIGage

Reaction score
Sweet! thanks for all the help yall. Ya I just got my Droid yesterday and found these forums which are very helpful so far. Thanks a bunch =)

78racing

Reaction score
I use shareMyApps, that way I can at least send myself an email before chaging over and have a complete list. I have also used it to send a app to a friend.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use shareMyApps, that way I can at least send myself an email before chaging over and have a complete list. I have also used it to send a app to a friend.

Another option is Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain. It's a website that maintains a list of all the apps you've downloaded (from the Market) and provides a queue to download them again in you change your phone intentionally or unintentionally.