what happened?

djspy

Reaction score
this week i noticed a decrease in my battery life all of a sudden so i installed gsam battery monitor to see what the problem was. before, the top battery suckers would be facebook, browser, text messsging etc. stuff that i use through out the day. this time it was kernel always at the top. 8-10% one time it was at 14%. ive read in the past that kernel should not be at the top and that a simple cache clear would fix it. i did it and it remained the same. i did the foxkatting thing and it remained the same. i did an FDR through privacy and 3 more cache clears and fdrs through recovery and more battery meter training and it's still the same. kernel is the biggest battery drain. i was getting phenomenal battery life and it just gave out all if a sudden. i havent installed any new apps. i am tempted to install the leak 215 but ive had bad luck with it when it comes to battery life. any theories as to why this might have happened?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sometimes doing a couple of FDR's can do the trick. I know that you're not supposed to need to ever do more than one fdr.. but I had to do several, to get rid of this issued... one behind the other...

The reason I got the idea was actually that after doing one fdr, I had an issue with my favorites pull down. I had to do yet another fdr to get that to accept favorites... it had an issue where it would replace a favorite with another, instead of adding the other favorite...

This was after 5 favorites being added...

it also restored my battery performance...

So now that you know the back story, you might try doing a couple of FDR's... it might solve your problem.

OP
djspy

djspy

Reaction score
I did 4. One from settings>privacy then right after that one was done I booted into recovery and cleared chache and FDR 3 more times.