1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

What Happened!?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by eidian, Jan 3, 2012.

1. eidian

eidian New Member

So I decided to partition my SD card using safe strap because I wanted to (seriously, I'm not even sure what the partition is used for). What IS the partition for? I thought that it would create a location for the backup when I switch to safe mode.

Anyway, it seems that the process erased EVERYTHING on my SD card. Is that correct? I haven't done anything else so this has to be the reason why there is only a "lost" directory on my card.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

Yes, I believe when you partition the SD card it kinda resets it, so everything previously on there is gone. I did this once before a long time ago to my External SD card. That day sucked. lol
  3. eidian

eidian New Member

You aren't kidding about it sucking! I didn't back up the few pictures that I took during New Years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. RETG

RETG Member

Yes, partitioning a SD card erases all contents; similar to a format.

You can try a software such as http://www.cardrecovery.com/ to try and recover the photos. There are other software programs out there too. Does it work? Yes, but not all the time.

When a card or drive is formatted, the information is not all erased. That's why when you dump a drive or card, you should run a wipe program; one type will write Xs and Os over the entire disc a few times, then erase.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012