What Happened!?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by eidian, Jan 3, 2012.

1. eidian

eidian Member

So I decided to partition my SD card using safe strap because I wanted to (seriously, I'm not even sure what the partition is used for). What IS the partition for? I thought that it would create a location for the backup when I switch to safe mode.

Anyway, it seems that the process erased EVERYTHING on my SD card. Is that correct? I haven't done anything else so this has to be the reason why there is only a "lost" directory on my card.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 New Member

Yes, I believe when you partition the SD card it kinda resets it, so everything previously on there is gone. I did this once before a long time ago to my External SD card. That day sucked. lol
  3. eidian

eidian Member

You aren't kidding about it sucking! I didn't back up the few pictures that I took during New Years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. RETG

RETG Member

Yes, partitioning a SD card erases all contents; similar to a format.

You can try a software such as http://www.cardrecovery.com/ to try and recover the photos. There are other software programs out there too. Does it work? Yes, but not all the time.

When a card or drive is formatted, the information is not all erased. That's why when you dump a drive or card, you should run a wipe program; one type will write Xs and Os over the entire disc a few times, then erase.
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012